It's about time.

Many of you can relate to Working long hours at your career. Raising your families. Buying a home and paying all the bills related to being homeowners and parents. We're now retired and don't need all that work and expense. Now "It's about time" and what we do to follow our dreams.

Thank You for Following our Blog.

Thank You for following this Blog

Tuesday, April 18, 2023

Not Co-operating.

 Our Location today is Windsor, Ontario.

Click on the pictures to enlarge.

With all the warmer temperatures we’ve been having lately, I was very doubtful of the overnight forecast. However, when I was headed for the Truck this morning and a bunch of White Flakes were hitting me in the face, I took notice. Since the front of our building is less than Two Hundred Feet from the Detroit River, I just thought it was our location, after heading south of Wyandotte Street it all stopped. Talking to Jason at work, he’d had to scrape his windows.

Mile advised me there was another Feedscrew on the Inspection Bench that needed repairs to the Shank. Since it is a New Unit it was another Oops by the Machinist Henry, who alone has been the reason for Half of the overtime I have worked since starting to work at Windsor Feedscrew. It would take over Two Hours to put back the material that was needed.

In the meantime I had turned the Burner on under a Ten Inch Bearing Rebuild. This was the one I reported had not completely bonded to the Base Material. It had been ground away and all that remained was the solid material. When the welding process began everything was working beautifully, no Pinhole, no Cracks, just clean solid metal. I would spend both my breaks monitoring the PTA.

The PTA is also used for Hard Surfacing the Flights in a Spiral Screw mode. The design of these larger Feedscrews allows for a Pocket next to the Bearing and the easiest way to weld that is like you were welding a Flight. The machine would not co-operate even after doing a complete reboot of the system Ten Times.

There was only one way to finish that Unit this evening and that was to remove it from the PTA, use the Transfer Cart to move it to the main bay, then set it up on the Inspection Table, to TIG weld the Pocket Area. Two Hours later it was reloaded to the Transfer Cart, then loaded in the Sandbox to slow cool. It was after 5:15 when I punched out.

Using a Coupon I picked supper up at Wendy’s, on my way home. Kathy had run errands today. Besides collecting the Mail at Guardian Storage, she was able to get her New Prescriptions at the Windsor Pharma Care location with no problems. I will have to go through her Pill Doucettes to replace Four of her medications with Two new ones. That could take as much time, as it did to fill them in the first place.

Weather-wise we can expect a roller-coaster ride of changes for the next Two Weeks.

Thanks for following along and feel free to leave a comment, unless it personally attacks someone for their opinion, or is Spam.

Be Safe and Enjoy!

It’s about time.

Krackers

I ate a clownfish last night.


It tasted funny!

2 comments:

  1. Hi Rick, just to make you aware that when using my iPads or tablets your "Comment" button will not work and I am unable to comment. However this comment is posted from my old laptop. Don't know if its a Google problem but perhaps other readers encounter the same problem. Haven't figured out yet how to make it work.

    ReplyDelete
  2. In order to comment I had to open Chrome ( I usually use Safari ) and then had to sign into Google and finally got this comment box. Just wanted to let you know that you are being read by me but not commented on very often.

    ReplyDelete