It's about time.

Many of you can relate to Working long hours at your career. Raising your families. Buying a home and paying all the bills related to being homeowners and parents. We're now retired and don't need all that work and expense. Now "It's about time" and what we do to follow our dreams.

Thank You for Following our Blog.

Thank You for following this Blog

Thursday, April 6, 2023

Two Long and Easter Wishes.

 Our Location today is Windsor, Ontario.

Click on the pictures to enlarge.

On Wednesday things got so backlogged at work, that I stayed over to try to finish the job. I never thought that it would take as long as it did, because it did not get finished.

I’d spoken to Kathy while I monitored the PTA at lunchtime, mentioning that it could be another late evening. I then spoke to her just before the 6 o’clock Local News started, telling her to eat her supper, that I’d be later than previously thought.

As the welding continued, not only was I getting hungry but tired as well. When the machine would not react the way it should only added to my frustration, but when it ran out of the Hard Surfacing Powder, I knew it was time to call it a night. By the time I’d buried the Feedscrew in the Sandbox and punched out, I had put in nearly Two full shifts, something I could easily handle as a young and middle aged adult.

I drove home with the windows open as a way of getting some non-polluted air into my lungs. Walking into the Apartment and Kathy’s loving arms helped give me a sense of being. We talked while I ate the supper she had made for us. The next thing I did was to shower off the day’s grime before heading straight to bed.

This morning Mile’s eyes grew big as saucers when I told him how late that I had worked until, without finishing the job. Once the Unit was back in the PTA, he was happy with the result but agreed there was more to do.

Today I did something that I have not been able to do in over Two Weeks, that was to sit down while the Burners were heating the Screw and have my lunch as well as talk to Kathy.

The Burners had warmed the Unit enough to help finish the Complicated Edges before it was again put in the Sandbox. Besides servicing the Torch, cleaning my area, I was also shown Two more jobs that will be quick fixes. They’ll be done on Monday.

After fueling the Truck at the Pioneer gas station, it needed a quick run to Regen on the Expressway. I was then able to go to Motor City Community Credit Union to deposit my Pay-Cheque. The best part was walking in the Apartment at a reasonable time. As soon as I sat down my eyes closed for some much needed recharging.

We shared a Store-Bought Thin Crust Spinach Pizza for supper as we enjoy the long Easter Weekend. This time will help me to better recover.

Tonight’s Title is a play on words.

Kathy and I want to wish all our readers a Safe and Happy Easter. Remember its True Meaning.

Thanks for following along and feel free to leave a comment, unless it personally attacks someone for their opinion, or is Spam.

Be Safe and Enjoy!

It’s about time.

Krackers

What did the plate say to the glass?


Tonight, dinner’s on me!”

No comments:

Post a Comment