It's about time.

Many of you can relate to Working long hours at your career. Raising your families. Buying a home and paying all the bills related to being homeowners and parents. We're now retired and don't need all that work and expense. Now "It's about time" and what we do to follow our dreams.

Thank You for Following our Blog.

Thank You for following this Blog

Wednesday, April 19, 2023

Old School and Fifth Season.

 Our Location today is Windsor, Ontario.

Click on the pictures to enlarge.

It was another early start, but there was no sitting around. With nothing lined up to be welded on the Plasma Transfer Arc the day would be Old School, do whatever is needed.

It started out with an Hour of TIG welding Mixer Flights that had undercut from the PTA. By the time that was finished the rest of the Day Shift Crew had arrived and with the next job I had to set up the Portable Welding Tent. (I often tease some of my Co-Workers by saying that someone stole my Sleeping-Bag.) For the next Four Hours, I would be Arc Welding (Stick) a Keyway that had been accidentally cut on the wrong side of the Shank. It was more labour intensive, but quicker than if I had used the TIG. Having held High-Pressure Pipe and Structural Tickets I wasn’t worried about any Slag Inclusions. I simply watched as the Slag pealed itself from the weld. The clean weld is an indication of what is below the surface. (When the Sonar was done on the weld later in the afternoon, it showed Zero Inclusions.) I haven’t lost my touch.

If you recall back in February there was a set of Five Identical Feedscrews that I welded. With minor touch-ups and buffing, one by one they are being crated for delivery to the Customer.

It felt good, sitting down for lunch and talking to Kathy. Unfortunately, she was outside loading things in the Car, with things she was bringing to the Trailer. Our conversation was changed to I’ll call you on the way home.

There were only a few more touch-ups done. With no New Jobs ready for me to weld, I suggested to Mile, that I load the Rebuild Screw in the PTA, to start in the morning. After he looked around to verify I was caught up, he simply said “Okay”. Before I left for the day, all the Numbers were also loaded in the PTA.

Traffic was not too bad on the way home, but you can tell we are about to start the Fifth Season of the year that most people hate, Construction Season. Seeing Detour Signs and Construction Barrels appearing by the roadsides is the early indicator. It should not be so bad in the early morning, but the afternoon commutes will be terrible.

Our Store Bought Thin Crust Vegetarian Pizza more than filled us for supper.

With Rain in the forecast we are not sure what tomorrow will bring.

Thanks for following along and feel free to leave a comment, unless it personally attacks someone for their opinion, or is Spam.

Be Safe and Enjoy!

It’s about time.

Krackers

You Might Be a Redneck If

You've ever hitchhiked naked.

1 comment:

  1. In northern Ontario we have two seasons, winter and construction or so it seems.

    Deb

    ReplyDelete