It's about time.

Many of you can relate to Working long hours at your career. Raising your families. Buying a home and paying all the bills related to being homeowners and parents. We're now retired and don't need all that work and expense. Now "It's about time" and what we do to follow our dreams.

Thank You for Following our Blog.

Thank You for following this Blog

Tuesday, April 11, 2023

If At First and Robbed Twice.

 Our Location today is Windsor, Ontario.

Click on the pictures to enlarge.

Since the only Argon left in the Plant was at the PTA, I figured it was better to get an extra Hour of sleep then standing around at work. I woke at my now normal time but convinced myself to nap a little longer, but that didn’t stop me from staring at the Clock only a Minute before the Alarm was set to go off.

After talking with Mile, he trusted that I would find something to work on. Checking the Rack outside the Plasma Transfer Arc area I found the Mill Operators had channelled Two Units on last night’s shift. I was in the process of loading one in the PTA when Mile asked me to help Rick, (the company Driver), load a couple Empty Argon Cylinders into the Truck, so he could go get them replaced at our Supplier. In my younger years I would have simply lifted them by hand, but as Wisdom and the Pain from Hernia called my name I lifted them using the Crane.

After starting the Burners, prepping the Torch, then adding all the Numbers in the Computer, I tried a test run. No matter what I did the machine was off on a cross country hike. Mile could only say that I knew more about the PTA than he did and walked away waving his hands over his head. That’s when I remembered what I did the last time, I shut the Machine Off, counted to Ten then restarted it. You know the expression “If at first you don’t succeed, try, try again.” It took three tries before the Torch would follow the path I wanted it to. When Mile looked in at lunchtime, the welds were clean and neat.

I talked with Kathy while monitoring the progress and ended up giving her an assignment, so we could be certain to replace our Stolen Plates today.

It was past 2:00 when I buried the Feedscrew in the Sandbox before loading the other for tomorrow. With Two fresh Argon Cylinders there will be lots of repairs fixed.

Kathy was outside waiting when I drove up to our building. She had called the On-Line Phone Number and was told the Service Ontario Office had moved to an adjoining neighbourhood. I was skeptical but we went by the Strip Mall to find anything but what we needed. We drove back to where we were last night, only to find it business as usual.

After Thirty Minute wait we finally presented our documents and were about to get our Replacement License Plates. The kicker was the Almost $60.00 we had to pay for them. We got robbed twice. Once by the Thieves and then by our Government, taking more of our hard earned money to replace it. While there, rather than repeating the process next month we spent another Two Days Pay to purchase the new License Sticker for the Truck.

It was past 5:00 when we left so we stopped at Harvey’s to have supper. Thank goodness for coupons.

Our last stop was at Canadian Tire to purchase new Stainless Steel License Plate Rings and Anti-Theft Plate Screws. They look nice and will deter the average person but anyone determined to get the Plates can easily do so, by doing more damage to the vehicle. Let’s hope it doesn’t get to that.

Back at our building it took nearly Twenty Minutes to install the New License Plates.

The 6 o’clock Local News said we could be looking at breaking a Weather Record tomorrow.

Thanks for following along and feel free to leave a comment, unless it personally attacks someone for their opinion, or is Spam.

Be Safe and Enjoy!

It’s about time.

Krackers

You Might Be a Redneck If

Your wife has ever burned out an electric razor.

3 comments:

  1. I gather that your apartment management doesn’t have security monitoring; perhaps if you report the thefts you’ve experienced,they would consider doing so.A 24/7 camera system is now not that expensive & signs in the parking lot may be a deterrent.All the best.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lucky you braking a record. We got home yesterday and woke up to snow this morning. Something is wrong with this weather.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm sorry to read about your troubles with the plates. Seems nothing is free these days but you'd think the stolen plates would be!

    ReplyDelete