It's about time.

Many of you can relate to Working long hours at your career. Raising your families. Buying a home and paying all the bills related to being homeowners and parents. We're now retired and don't need all that work and expense. Now "It's about time" and what we do to follow our dreams.

Thank You for Following our Blog.

Thank You for following this Blog

Thursday, April 13, 2023

Close The Door.

 Our Location today is Windsor, Ontario.

Click on the pictures to enlarge.

The last couple of days have really been nice, with mild temperatures that are very common in the middle of May. Wearing my Jacket open has not been done that early in the day since last October and within a few more days, it appears we’ll be loosing that ability again.

Mile knew what I would be starting on today but asked that look at what I could do on Two Other Feedscrews. When the regular shift started he came as I was preparing to fire up the PTA. I simply pointed to the Two Units wrapped in Welding Blankets.

The Plasma Transfer Arc was playing a different game today. That’s right, the same problem happen Three Times throughout the day. People don’t realize that when someone is welding they are actually moving the Arc slightly from side to side called Weaving. On this machine that is called Oscillating, and it would take numerous Hard Resets each time the problem occurred. That involved actually shutting the Power that controls the Computer as well as the Welding Machines. Once we could visibly see the Torch begin to Oscillate the job could be done.

If you recently read how the Cold Air, Cracked a Bearing being welded because Mile had left the Door open for nearly Fifteen Minutes. (A Breeze will do the same.) Since then Mile has been cautious to close it as soon as he is outside. Today while working on a Bearing, I could feel a breeze. I stopped the process, turned on the Burner, then shouted out “Close the Door”. Within seconds it was closing.

I managed to sit for both of my breaks today. At lunchtime I told Kathy that I would only get a single Pass on the Bearing before heading home late.

Mile later said he needed it finished today. I pointed out if I had started Six Hours earlier there would have been a chance. He accepted the fact it would be finished tomorrow.

It was after 6:00 when I punched out, so after talking to Kathy I picked up supper at Wendy’s. Thank Goodness for Coupons.

It felt good eating our meal together and talking. A warm shower took all the dirt down the drain. I’m hoping for an early night.

Thanks for following along and feel free to leave a comment, unless it personally attacks someone for their opinion, or is Spam.

Be Safe and Enjoy!

It’s about time.

Krackers

Words of Inspiration

We have, as human beings, a storytelling problem. We're a bit too quick to come up with explanations for things we don't really have an explanation for.

Malcolm Gladwell, Canadian Journalist

No comments:

Post a Comment