It's about time.

Many of you can relate to Working long hours at your career. Raising your families. Buying a home and paying all the bills related to being homeowners and parents. We're now retired and don't need all that work and expense. Now "It's about time" and what we do to follow our dreams.

Thank You for Following our Blog.

Thank You for following this Blog

Monday, April 17, 2023

Adjustments and Runarounds.

 Our Location today is Windsor, Ontario.

Click on the pictures to enlarge.

With Kathy’s need to wear a Heart Monitor over the weekend, she was told to bring someone along when she returned on Monday. Since that someone was going to be me, the first thing I told Mile this morning was that I had to leave early for Kathy’s sake. He said “No Problem”.

Using the Overhead Cranes I would move the Units as needed, keeping myself busy. Mile himself asked me to do touch-ups on Two Screws that had somehow collided, leaving depressions to fill. I would end up touching up Seven Feedscrews this morning, along with setting up a Screw in the PTA and on the Inspection Bench for tomorrow morning.

I punched out at 1:00 with only Seven Hours to my day. I then called to tell Kathy I’d be home soon, so she would not start to worry.

At the Apartment I did a quick clean up before we headed out the door. We arrived at the Windsor Heart Institute by 2:30. even though we were early the Doctor was running behind so we did not get to see him until 3:30. He is concerned about Kathy’s Heart and has adjusted her Medication. He also wants her back in a Month to see if there is a change, otherwise he might send her to London for a procedure.

We stopped at our pharmacy’s Windsor location, since it’s not practical to be running out to Amherstburg since I am no longer Retired. The Heart Institute was supposed to call in the Medication Changes but they had nothing. When I tried calling at 4:05 the recording said they were closed for the day. Since I’ve returned to work you could say I now have a Shorter Fuse and mentioned I’d call them in the morning.

Kathy had cleaned out the Car so with no Coupons, we stopped at Nick the Greek Restaurant to have supper. Kathy had the Greek Salad while I hungrily ate a Greek Gyro with Fries. Then we both tried one of their Baklavas for dessert.

Without moving the Car we walked to the Dollarama, in part to walk off a bit of our meal, and to pick up the supplies we didn’t get on the weekend.

Starting to look like Spring.

When we got home we found a Voice Message from the Amherstburg location of our Pharmacy, saying they had filled the Prescription the Heart Institute had called in. I will have to grit my teeth when I call tomorrow.

Thanks for following along and feel free to leave a comment, unless it personally attacks someone for their opinion, or is Spam.

Be Safe and Enjoy!

It’s about time.

Krackers

Words of Inspiration

Be brave enough to live life creatively.

The creative place where no one else has ever been.

Alan Alda, Actor and Comedian

4 comments:

  1. We have that same problem with medical folks. No matter how carefully you tell them what you want done, or where you want the prescription sent, they screw it up.

    I enjoy reading about your days, even though I don't understand most of what you are talking about. I do like the way that you write and try to follow along. A lot of things are highlighted, but they don't lead to links anywhere.

    Anyway, keep at it and know that you have at least one regular reader.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hope Kathy's medication change is all that is needed. We will keep her in our prayers.

    ReplyDelete