It's about time.

Many of you can relate to Working long hours at your career. Raising your families. Buying a home and paying all the bills related to being homeowners and parents. We're now retired and don't need all that work and expense. Now "It's about time" and what we do to follow our dreams.

Thank You for Following our Blog.

Thank You for following this Blog

Sunday, April 23, 2023

Still Hobbling and Closed Sundays.

 Our Location today is Windsor, Ontario.

Click on the pictures to enlarge.

Two Extra Strength Tylenol before going to bed seemed to do the trick, I slept soundly without any Pain in my leg or body for that matter. It also helped me to recover some of the sleep that I loose every weekday, when getting up early to go to work is part of my routine.

When I finally got up, it was only Ten Minutes before Kathy came out wondering how long I had been up. We settled for a Muffin for breakfast , with a Coffee at the Computers. Outside everything appeared damp but we could not see any droplets falling from the sky.

I still had problems hobbling around, though the Pain was more of a dull Ache. Checking On-Line where all the nearby Walk-In Clinics were located, I was surprised to see many were closed on Sunday. I made a list of those that had not listed any hours of operation.

When it was nearly lunch time the Pain level was up again but still tolerable, but it was getting harder to hobble around. The decision was made that I needed to be able to walk with little discomfort and the only way to do that was the Two Extra Strength Tylenol.

It was hard just to make the Split Pea Soup for lunch, yet my job requires I stand most to all of the shift. Kathy cleaned Leftovers from the Fridge for our dessert, using Strawberries and Chocolate Cake.

It wasn’t long after we ate that we headed out the door. Kathy is having Breathing Issues with her new medication and me using a Hiking Stick to be able to walk.

Checking every Walk-In Clinic on our list and others that were not, we found they all had one thing in common, Closed Sundays. There was no way I was going to spend the day in an Emergency Room only to be told to see my Family Doctor.

One of the Clinics was near Princess Auto so we stopped in. Kathy had one shopping cart for stability and I had another to help me walk. A real fine pair we were. Being the last day of this Two Week Sale, we found a few things we needed to bring home. They had bottles of Meguiar’s Oxidation Remover and Meguiar’s High Gloss Polish that will help brighten up the looks of our Trailer. They also had Adjustable Industrial Stools that I will label and bring to work until I recover from my issues. Then I can bring it to my Storage/Workshop to use there.

The weather was not looking too promising so it was barely 4:00 when we stopped at Wendy’s for supper. Kathy enjoyed her Apple/Pecan Salad, while I enjoyed my Spicy Chicken Sandwich with Chili. We did take our time and did some People Watching while we talked about other things we need to take care of.

Back at our building I parked close to the Truck to transfer the Stool. Walking inside, someone commented that it looked like we had been out hiking. Even these short walks, felt that way today.

Big difference from last week.

The 6 o’clock Local News showed a cooler, damp week ahead.

I’ll be bringing the Tylenol with me tomorrow and stopping at a Clinic on the way home.

Thanks for following along and feel free to leave a comment, unless it personally attacks someone for their opinion, or is Spam.

Be Safe and Enjoy!

It’s about time.

Krackers

You Might Be a Redneck If

You list your parole officer as a reference.

1 comment:

  1. Pain is a real thing and hard to deal with. I hope you find the relief needed soon.

    ReplyDelete