It's about time.

Many of you can relate to Working long hours at your career. Raising your families. Buying a home and paying all the bills related to being homeowners and parents. We're now retired and don't need all that work and expense. Now "It's about time" and what we do to follow our dreams.

Thank You for Following our Blog.

Thank You for following this Blog

Monday, August 1, 2022

Made Mine A Double.

 Our Location today is Windsor, Ontario.

Click on the pictures to enlarge.

Even though I’d only gotten a bit more then Five Hours in bed last night when the Alarm went off I started my day. Being a bit sluggish due to the lack of sleep I knew that I had to push myself because it had already been Four Days since my last visit to Planet Fitness.

There were few people exercising when I arrived but I got started as quickly as possible. My long lost cousin Eugene was already there due to the fact he also leaves earlier. Throughout the time I spent exercising there were only a few of the regulars that would show up. As for getting back in routine I simply took a few extra deep breathes and drinks of Water to get through my workout.

Back at the Apartment Kathy was partially done her morning chores when I walked in but had not had breakfast yet. I put together some French Toast to tide us over until lunch.

As soon as I sat down at the Computer it instantly felt like I was about to fall to sleep. Not wanting that to happen I chose to have a Regular Caffeinated Coffee. Even with that I had to have another to keep me going.

Lunch was Grilled Cheese Sandwiches with Mini-Dill Pickles as garnishings and a Yogurt Cup along with a Rice Crispy Square for dessert.

I continued working at my Computer throughout the afternoon. Not wanting to spend the night staring at the ceiling I dared not have another Coffee. I had to walk around the room just to keep from falling to sleep a number of times.

Not wanting to lose any food I started chopping Vegetables for a Stir-Fry. I wasn’t happy to find the stalk of Celery from the Fridge totally frozen. Kathy advised me to not use it. The finished product was much smaller then I’ve been making but there is still enough for another meal.

Emancipation Day in Canada recognizes the day in 1834 that the Slavery Abolition Act came into force. Even though it is only recognized as Civic Holiday our 6 o’clock Local News was pre-empted by a reality game show which seems to happen on all our Holidays.

The Weather Network showed our Humidex felt like 100 F (38 C) this afternoon but the 39 MPH Westerly Wind Gusts helped keep us comfortable without the use of the Air Conditioner. They kept flashing a Weather Alert about Damaging Winds and Heavy Rain. Checking the Radar showed the Storm passing through the London area not here.

Tomorrow we’ll be busy taking care of chores and business. Wish us luck.

Thanks for following along and feel free to leave a comment unless it personally attacks someone for their opinion or is Spam.

Be Safe and Enjoy!

It’s about time.

Krackers

You Might Be a Redneck If

You think the stock market has a fence around it.

2 comments:

  1. As I type this, I am watching the ten o'clock news from San Antonio, Texas. They had a shooting today at a Planet Fitness where a man was murdered as he exercised. It is the same Planet Fitness that just a year ago had another killing. At least in Canada you have strong gun laws.

    You schooled me today as I did not know Emancipation Day was celebrated in Canada.

    ReplyDelete
  2. As much chopping of veggies as you do, you might want to check out something similar to this gadget. I have one and use it almost every day. Don't know about this company as I got mine at a garage sale but it is identical to this one and does work great. https://deals.kitchintelligencedeals.com/purchase5?utm_source=Facebook_Desktop_Feed&utm_medium=paid&utm_campaign=TOF%20%7C%20Super%20Slicer%20%7C%201.4&utm_id=23850701390600292&utm_term=23850701885300292&utm_content=Cooking%20Celebrities&fbclid=IwAR3xY_SKTgRHlatUWPFZuzzAnaEQEeHzKZSx2U6UIG8aA7fTnbNuvolxGPA

    ReplyDelete