It's about time.

Many of you can relate to Working long hours at your career. Raising your families. Buying a home and paying all the bills related to being homeowners and parents. We're now retired and don't need all that work and expense. Now "It's about time" and what we do to follow our dreams.

Thank You for Following our Blog.

Thank You for following this Blog

Thursday, August 4, 2022

Interesting Job Ad and Changing Weather.

 Our Location today is Windsor, Ontario.

Click on the pictures to enlarge.

We were both in bed early last night but because we were still running the AC when we went to bed it seemed to have us continually waking throughout the night. Without trying we both slept past 8:00 this morning. Looking outside at the heavy Cloud covering did not make us feel guilty about doing so.

After having Cereal for breakfast we headed to the Computers. Checking the Radar showed a line of storms that continually went past our area. The line stretched from Nashville all the way to North Bay but it still missed us. Checking the few Job Ads that came my way left me a lot of time to read all the Blogs we follow.

We finally decided to have Chicken and Rice Soup for lunch along with a Yogurt Cup as well as a French Pastry for dessert.

I’d Planned (that word) to go do some shopping but the weather suddenly changed and it was Raining like crazy outside. The rest of the afternoon was spent at the Computers and there were no other Job Ads that appeared for me to look at.

That made me chuckle because someone sent me a Job Ad the other day that many would love to have. It pays decently and you could do it remotely from anywhere. I just don’t think I would have the stamina for such a job. Check it out folks.

Since I’ve started making Veggie Wraps lately I’ve really began to enjoy them more. Kathy enjoys them but thought I was overdoing it a bit so I’ve cut back. One of the reasons I feel that way is the Fridge in our Apartment is freezing lots of our food. By making these Wraps the produce does not go to waste.

Today’s Wraps had Broccoli, Carrots, Celery, Cherry Tomatoes, Mushrooms, Onions and Peppers. Once it had been sauteed in the Wok I added Shredded Mozzarella Cheese on the Wraps. Kathy had one while I had two. It would be a great way to have kids polish off their Vegetables. We also had Maple Cookies and an Apple Sauce Cup for dessert.

The Weather Network showed our Humidex felt like 100 F (38 C) at supper time.

We headed off to the nearby Shoppers Drug Mart where they had cans of Habitat and Campbell’s Soup on sale. They were $1.25 a can cheaper then the grocery store sold them for. While there Kathy also found their Chinese Egg Rolls along with Sweet and Sour Chicken Wings on sale in their freezer section. Those were Brands that we have tried before. If they had not passed our quality test we would have left them there but they were a very reasonable price.

Since we’ve been staying mostly home we continued on to Zehr’s grocery store. I needed to replace some of the Vegetables I had used up. We were surprised that the store is getting an interior face-lift so we didn’t spend time walking around.

It was hot enough that we stopped at McDonald’s for a Pineapple/Mango Smoothie to refresh ourselves.

Tomorrow is supposed to be an all day Rain. We’ll see how that works out.

Thanks for following along and feel free to leave a comment unless it personally attacks someone for their opinion or is Spam.

Be Safe and Enjoy!

It’s about time.

Krackers

You know you’re getting old when you would rather go to work than stay home sick.

5 comments:

  1. When I realize what I am paying for groceries now compared to a year ago, I am shocked. I imagine it's the same up there.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I didn't see where there was a link to look at the job add..

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lol. I actually read an article that job ad. Did you apply?

    ReplyDelete