It's about time.

Many of you can relate to Working long hours at your career. Raising your families. Buying a home and paying all the bills related to being homeowners and parents. We're now retired and don't need all that work and expense. Now "It's about time" and what we do to follow our dreams.

Thank You for Following our Blog.

Thank You for following this Blog

Friday, August 26, 2022

Checking Our Next Job and Stir-Fry.

 Our Location today is Windsor, Ontario.

Click on the pictures to enlarge.

It was much easier getting to work this morning. Even though there was plenty of traffic they all seemed to be heading in the opposite direction. I managed to get additional reading of the Downloads for the Plasma Transfer Arc Welder before the start of the shift.

Again this morning I had the Feedscrew mounted and on preheat before Alec arrived. Due to the hardness of the Material it’s necessary to heat them up before and after welding to alleviate any Thermo Shocking which would totally destroy the Feedscrew. A good temperature to start with is 800 F. That number is not a misprint. I’d also serviced the Torch making certain everything was free flowing.

We were also busy lining up the next Feedscrew while working on the one we’ve been doing for the last Three Days. This is one that I had to add material using the TIG Welder on the Mixer Section. I had been told to just add material on the sides of the Flights but nobody checked if it was enough.

Alec was told he needed to build the top of the Mixer Flights with the Plasma Welder. One look at the Mixer Section he knew it was not wide enough. Instructing me what to measure with the Vernier Caliper it was confirmed that the Flights were not wide enough by Thirty Thousandths of an Inch.

Both Mile and Jovjoh agreed it needed to be widened before adding the top layer. I’ll simply start an Hour early on Monday to accomplish the TIG Work. It will take Two Hours so by the time I finish Alec will have arrived and can help me put it in the Plasma Welder and it won’t require as much preheating.

Avoiding the Parkway until the Construction is complete I headed up Walker Road. After lots of Traffic Lights I stopped at Guardian Storage to collect our Mail before heading for home. The Clouds we were seeing had us thinking we were in for a major storm but it never happened.

I was too tired to mention last night that Kevin and Melissa sent us home with One and a Half Zucchinis from the garden because they read I’ve been making Stir-Fries. After I had cleaned out my lunch bag I washed up before starting to make supper.

I could not use all the Vegetables we have in stock because we have so many. I used the Half Zucchini, Carrots, Cauliflower, Celery, Cherry Tomatoes, Onion and Red Peppers. The Wok was full to bursting.

We watched 6 o’clock Local News as we ate our Veggie Wraps. They were Healthy, Satisfying and Tasty. We didn’t need anything else to snack on and there is enough Leftover for a few more meals.

The Weather Network showed that we felt like 91 F (33 C) this afternoon.

I’m looking forward to the weekend.

Thanks for following along and feel free to leave a comment unless it personally attacks someone for their opinion or is Spam.

Be Safe and Enjoy!

It’s about time.

Krackers

You Might Be a Redneck If

It takes you and 31 others in the same room to show off a full set of teeth.

2 comments:

  1. I'm enjoying my yellow zucchini in my stir frys. Even without the wrap, they are delicious and better for me. :) Happy weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thirty thousandths of an inch makes my mind reel. You are working so high tech now, talking about downloads, etc. And you're no spring chicken I gather. Well, I'm impressed.

    ReplyDelete