It's about time.

Many of you can relate to Working long hours at your career. Raising your families. Buying a home and paying all the bills related to being homeowners and parents. We're now retired and don't need all that work and expense. Now "It's about time" and what we do to follow our dreams.

Thank You for Following our Blog.

Thank You for following this Blog

Thursday, August 11, 2022

Fixing Mistakes, Another The Same and Gasoline Going Up.

 Our Location today is Windsor, Ontario.

Click on the pictures to enlarge.

After getting to the new job so quickly yesterday I knew it was only Twenty Minutes at Secondary Road Speeds. The Truck is working better then City driving. Even before I posted our Blog last night I was struggling to stay awake. Figuring that I could afford some extra sleep I changed the time on the Alarm.

I walked in Windsor Feedscrews before 6:30 this morning and like yesterday the only people there were Paul and Mile moving Feedscrews from one machine to another. When I went to put my Coveralls on they were still damp from yesterday’s long hours.

After finishing the Feedscrew that I had stayed over to complete yesterday a young Machinist asked for a quick repair on the part he was working on. He had been cutting a Keyway when he hit the wrong control. It caused the Endmill to cut an extra Half Inch Width in the slot. Mile was surprised that it took me less then Five Minutes to replace the lost material before I left. After I left the Machinist again hit the wrong control then making the Keyway and extra Inch Longer. That only took Fifteen Minutes to repair this morning but I didn’t see that Machinist anywhere in the Plant.

It took another Hour to finish the Feedscrew that I was TIG Welding yesterday but before I had the Cables on the Machine rolled up I was being assigned my next job. They were so happy with the results of the part I repaired yesterday they had another identical one for me to do today. At least this was getting started before 9:30 so it was finished by 4:00. Alec and I were the last two in the building.

I had Planned to go to the Gym after work but after doing a lot of standing for the last Two Days my Workboots were hurting my feet. Since I didn’t have any other shoes to wear I simply went home.

Kathy had gone to Walmart in search of another Tower Fan. We actually need Two but we are hoping I can repair the other one. There were no Fans left in stock and she was told they would not be reordered until next Spring.

She then headed to Canadian Tire to see what they had. They had just gotten larger order of Fans in and they were being sold as fast as they were being put on the shelves. She found one slightly smaller then what we have but it will do the job.

Even though The Weather Network showed our Humidex only felt like 84 F (29 C) today we had both become very thirsty. A glass of Pineapple Peach Juice did the trick.

For supper we had Veggie Wraps using the Leftover Stir-Fry and we had a dish on Mixed Berries with Coolwhip for dessert.

The 6 o’clock Local News talked about a rising number of Coronavirus Cases in the Windsor/Essex Region as well as Three Deaths just today. They also mentioned the Fuel Prices would be going up after midnight tonight.

With the Car being down to a Quarter Tank we headed out the door as soon as the News was over. We managed to get it for $1.616/Litre at Pioneer gas station which is Eighteen Cents a Litre that the last time we filled it at.

Back at the Apartment while Kathy made my lunch for tomorrow I enjoyed my warm shower before I set up Kathy’s new Fan.

As much as it feels good to be back to work I’m looking forward to my next day off.

Thanks for following along and feel free to leave a comment unless it personally attacks someone for their opinion or is Spam.

Be Safe and Enjoy!

It’s about time.

Krackers

Words of Inspiration

My father used to say, “Well Ann, maybe the best thing you’ll ever do, you haven’t even thought yet.”

Ann Curry, American journalist and photojournalist

No comments:

Post a Comment