It's about time.

Many of you can relate to Working long hours at your career. Raising your families. Buying a home and paying all the bills related to being homeowners and parents. We're now retired and don't need all that work and expense. Now "It's about time" and what we do to follow our dreams.

Thank You for Following our Blog.

Thank You for following this Blog

Friday, August 12, 2022

Speck Repairs and Foot Pain.

 Our Location today is Windsor, Ontario.

Click on the pictures to enlarge.

I walked in Windsor Feedscrews before 6:30 again this morning and again the only people already there were Paul and Mile. When I left work at the end of my shift yesterday I was experiencing a lot of discomfort with my right foot. I know that I did not injure it and I have had several in the past. When I took my sock off it was swollen. By the time I put on my Coveralls this morning and ambled to my workbench the Pain was increasing.

My first job was to use the TIG welder to finish the Feedscrew I had started before the second job yesterday took precedence. I would later see the second job after it had been ground perfectly round. There was a mark where the Machinist had accidentally hit it against the Lathe. Considering that it was only Thirty Feet Long it was easy to do. Five Minutes setup, Ten Seconds TIG weld and Four Minutes close up.

Just before lunch when I thought that job was finished the Machinist realized they also wanted the second flight done as well. By lunch I was feeling the effects of being bent over that job for so long.

I spoke with Kathy at lunchtime. She had been busy cleaning and organizing since she really could not go anywhere. We found a Notice leaned against our door yesterday informing us that the Elevators and Electrical would be down from 9:00 this morning until 3:00 this afternoon. Rather then not being able to get back to our Apartment by the stairs she chose to do some reading. What they forgot to notify us about was that they also shut the Water as well.

Back to the workbench I was able to finish the second flight in short order. That was when the Machinist realized he needed work at the opposite end of large Feedscrew that I had welded and spotted. Each of the spots took mere seconds but as the repairs were being blended out there were marks smaller then a Pin that were also found. Instead of simply blending those marks they insisted they be welded.

By the end of the shift Mile was happy but I was struggling to walk. Luckily I had brought my Running Shoes but since my lighter socks were in my Gym Bag in the Truck I simply changed my Shoes.

I stopped at Princess Auto to get Safety Sleeves but they were out of stock. By the time I got back to the Truck I could barely walk. I found my lighter socks and took off the heavier Work Socks. I stopped at a couple more Safety Supply Shops with no luck but the pressure in my foot seemed to be easing.

When I limped into the Apartment the Pain had eased only slightly so my thoughts of going to the Gym were dashed again. Instead after Kathy pealed some Potatoes I thin sliced them. While Kathy started sauteing the Potatoes I cut and breaded a nice sized Salmon Fillet as the main side. We topped that off with a bottle of Carbonated Juice (Fake Wine). It was a perfect meal.

The Weather Network showed our Humidex only felt like 82 F (28 C).

After my shower I soaked my feet in an Epson Salts Bath. It seems to have relieved more Pain. Since I have the Weekend off I am hoping to make it to the Gym as well as soaking my feet again. Notice I did not say Planning. If I had it certainly would not happen.

Thanks for following along and feel free to leave a comment unless it personally attacks someone for their opinion or is Spam.

Be Safe and Enjoy!

It’s about time.

Krackers

Did you know yesterday was National Middle Child Day?

Don’t worry no one else remembered either.

2 comments:

  1. Hope the heel feels better soon. Got to watch the feet.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Uh oh. I do hope your foot heals itself. Somehow.
    And I hope tomorrow is a day off!! Go easy on yourself.

    ReplyDelete