It's about time.

Many of you can relate to Working long hours at your career. Raising your families. Buying a home and paying all the bills related to being homeowners and parents. We're now retired and don't need all that work and expense. Now "It's about time" and what we do to follow our dreams.

Thank You for Following our Blog.

Thank You for following this Blog

Monday, August 22, 2022

They Did It Again, Planned and Short Showers.

 Our Location today is Windsor, Ontario.

Click on the pictures to enlarge.

After having slept in a single day it was a little rough getting up to the Alarm again this morning. The sudden Construction on Lauzon Parkway had not yet started on my way to work so I was punching in be 6:10. I was able to continue reading the PTA Download until the buzzer announced the start of the shift.

My thoughts of finally being able to get more training today vanished the moment I left the lunchroom. They showed me another Feedscrew similar to the one that took me Seven Hours to weld on Friday. This happened while I was repairing the other but there was a difference. The cut in the first Feedscrew was only One Inch Wide and Three Quarter an Inch Deep. This Feedscrew had been cut an Inch Deep and an Inch and a Half Wide.

I managed to see Alec a couple of times when he came to see me. He also thanked me for showing him how to sharpen the Thoriated Tungsten because it was making the Plasma Transfer Arc Machine run smoother. I’ve used Thoriated Tungsten for TIG Welding for over Forty Years.

I’ve been having my lunch every day since I started in the Truck so I can have some privacy when I call Kathy. When I spoke to her at lunch she mentioned there were lots of Threatening Clouds but no Rain. She just finished saying that when it started to pour on the Truck. By the time I went back inside it had stopped.

I didn’t finish fixing this Feedscrew until 4:00 but you need to remember I was using the TIG Welder. That meant I was applying One Drop of metal at a time but there are no Inclusions in that metal nor is there any Splatter.

I had spoken with Kathy last night about going to the Gym after work to get the Kinks out. I’d Planned everything but the Temperature and the Heat generated by this job. My shirt was wringing wet and I did not have a spare.

The Rain made it look Foggy.

I was home shortly after 4:30. I barely got in the Apartment when the Rain started in torrents. I got the Bedroom Window while Kathy got the Balcony Door which was closer. We barely sat down and it stopped.

Taking a short break lead to reading some important Documents sent by our Lawyer. They just have to include all kinds of double talk to make it all Legal.

We didn’t start preparing supper until the 6 o’clock Local News started. We had Leftover Stir-Fry Veggie Wraps with a French Pastry for dessert and we even shared an Orange.

The Weather Network showed our Humidex felt like 91 F (33 C).

My shower felt wonderful. We’ve got things to do tomorrow. The next time I hope to go to the Gym I’ll bring extra clothes.

Thanks for following along and feel free to leave a comment unless it personally attacks someone for their opinion or is Spam.

Be Safe and Enjoy!

It’s about time.

Krackers

You Might Be a Redneck If

You've ever stood outside a K-mart for more than an hour arguing with the manager about the shirt and shoes law.

2 comments:

  1. Lots of stuff I don't understand at the job but as long as you do and are enjoying it, that's what's important! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. When will you both be going out on the road again? With that fine RV and truck, it seems like a waste to let them set.....

    ReplyDelete