It's about time.

Many of you can relate to Working long hours at your career. Raising your families. Buying a home and paying all the bills related to being homeowners and parents. We're now retired and don't need all that work and expense. Now "It's about time" and what we do to follow our dreams.

Thank You for Following our Blog.

Thank You for following this Blog

Wednesday, August 3, 2022

Packed Gym and The Storm Finally Arrived.

 Our Location today is Windsor, Ontario.

Click on the pictures to enlarge.

After loading our Two Wheeled Shopping Cart with our groceries yesterday I simply handed my Car Keys to Kathy to unlock the doors. That worked out perfectly allowing us to relax much earlier. With everything put away it was then time for supper along with the rest of our evening rituals.

I was awake before the Alarm this morning so I could head off to the Gym but there was a problem. When Kathy put things away yesterday she also put my Car Keys in her purse. There they were in the last of many compartments I checked and at the very bottom. Kathy always told me everything finds its way to the bottom and she was right.

With the delay it was closer to 5:45 by the time I arrived at Planet Fitness. By the time I finished doing my Cardio Workout the Free Weight Area was packed with people exercising together. The only thing I could do was spend my time using the Resistance Machines. This was better then nothing but it also had me thinking. When I finally have my Hernia Surgery I won’t be allowed any heavy lifting until my groin is healed. If I use the Resistance Machines I’ll still be able to exercise my Arms without having to lift any Heavy Weights. Even after I finished my Cool-Down Routine the place was still packed so I called it a day early.

I was back in the Apartment before 8:30 which was a good thing. Kathy had a hard time sleeping last night and we found a Notice leaned against our Door saying the Electrician would be arriving to install the New Monitoring System today between 9:00 and 5:00. Just me starting to get things ready for breakfast had Kathy scrambling out of bed. We had breakfast and were ready for our visitor before we needed.

I made myself a regular Caffeinated Coffee before we started working on our Computers. Before the Electrician arrived I was having my second cup in order to stay awake. It took nearly nearly a Half Hour before he was finished.

We shut the AC so we could have our Chicken Noodle Soup for lunch without freezing because the table is in a direct line with the unit. We also shared a Seedless Orange to go with our Yogurt Cup and Mints for dessert.

Now that the Christmas in July programs are finished we were able to watch a few episodes of “Law & Orderthis afternoon.

As a way of cleaning food from the Fridge and Freezer we shared an Acorn Squash along with a Personal Sized Chicken Pot Pie for supper.

While I was doing that Kathy noticed a couple of shady characters in the Parking Lot. It appears one of them is connected to that Red Pickup with Three and a Half Flat Tires. It appeared they were getting refreshments out of the back seat and tossing the empties in the truck bed.

Notice the Wind.

The Weather Network showed our Humidex felt like 109 F (43 C) which is 8 F (5 C) cooler then originally forecasted.

Just after we sat back at the Computers the long forecasted Lightning and Thunder started. Even with the Clouded Sky it took another Half Hour before the Rain followed and Hours later it’s still coming down.

Glad to be inside.

We’ve got more errands to do tomorrow.

Thanks for following along and feel free to leave a comment unless it personally attacks someone for their opinion or is Spam.

Be Safe and Enjoy!

It’s about time.

Krackers

Words of Inspiration

In the depth of winter I finally learned that there was in me an invincible summer.

Albert Camus, French novelist and playwright

2 comments:

  1. Ah. Rain. I wrote to another blogger a few days ago asking why the pavement was so shiny. And why was the sky so dark in the daytime? And what were those spots on the windshield? I'm writing from Texas, so he told me it was, guess what, rain! Been so long I've forgotten.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh JudithK, I knew you were pulling my leg on that one.
      Rick thanks for the regular reporting on things where you live.

      Delete