It's about time.

Many of you can relate to Working long hours at your career. Raising your families. Buying a home and paying all the bills related to being homeowners and parents. We're now retired and don't need all that work and expense. Now "It's about time" and what we do to follow our dreams.

Thank You for Following our Blog.

Thank You for following this Blog

Saturday, August 27, 2022

Lost Number and Extra Loving.

 Our Location today is Windsor, Ontario.

Click on the pictures to enlarge.

Last night I barely had the Blog published when I started falling to sleep. It was actually a struggle to make it to bed but after I did it was similar to blinking my eyes and it was morning. It has been ages since I slept that soundly. Kathy had trouble falling to sleep but once she did it was only my absence that woke her up.

Breakfast was a Juice and Muffin before taking our Coffee/Tea over to the Computers. After checking through the Fifty Plus E-mails that I received overnight it was time to get moving.

Last night I had Planned (we all know what happens then) to wake early so I could use the Laundry Room in the building to wash my Coveralls. Lucky for me at this job they only get dusty, sweaty and smoke filled. When I arrived at the Second Floor Laundry Room I was alone. There was One Workable Washer that I quickly put to work. I still ran them through a second wash and was surprised to not find any Greasy Residue left behind.

It was 11:30 when I moved them to the Dryer before heading back to the Apartment. Kathy was on the phone with our daughter Karen asking us for a little favour. We immediately said Yes.

Lunch today was Veggie Wraps made from some of the Leftover Stir-Fry. Even though we’ve had it over Rice and Spaghetti we find this a quick way to enjoy our Vegetables with few CarbsKathy included Grapes and the Leftover Chocolate Cake for dessert.

The Coveralls were dry by the time I returned and there was another Washer and Dryer running. Good Timing!

We had a List of things we wanted to do so we were out the door shortly after 1:00.

We took a spin past the old Plant and noted only one employee vehicle along with Paul’s truck in the lot. The Shipping Door was open but there was no signs of activity.

We next drove to the West End of the city. It’s been a while since I spoke with Ivan and when they migrated my Contact List from my old phone to the new one his number was lost. Having driven Ivan home once I found the house looking empty. The last time we spoke Ivan had mentioned there was a chance they could be moving back around the Hamilton area. I may have lost a good friend that I only knew for a short time.

Even though it was not on our List we headed to Pennington’s at the Roundhouse Center. Kathy wanted to get a few new pieces of clothing but after trying a some on knew she’d have to wait.

Being across the street from the Devonshire Mall we started looking at all the clothing stores starting with Old Navy. After Ten Stores we stopped for a snack at Cinna-Bun. It also helped me rest because all that walking on a hard surface was aggravating my Hernia. The last store we went to the Salesperson suggested waiting until March for that type of clothes. Even with Snow being on the ground those clothes would be on the racks.

Luckily we keep a bottle of Extra Strength Tylenol in the Car console. Even though the Hernia was then throbbing profusely I only took a single tablet.

Nova and Sanford waiting for  treats.

Kathy got  Heads.

I got Tails.
Eating together.
Even though it was early we drove over to our daughter Karen’s in Tecumseh. We were there to get some loving that we’ve been missing. Everyone in the house was going to be away today and Karen asked if we could spend some time with Sanford and Nova before feeding them their supper. Those two dogs think like humans. The more attention we paid to them the more they nuzzled up to us while showing their appreciation.





We had them outside before and after their meal so they would get some exercise and take care of business. They also had extra energy to burn off and made a game of their tug-a-war antics while they played. There were Two Sad Doggy Faces watching as we left around 5:00.

With Dairy Queen not too far away we had our supper there. We also snuck in a Small Hot Fudge Sundae for a dessert.

I was feeling slightly better so we stopped at Walmart to get a few things on our List we needed. Kathy even checked their racks unsuccessfully.

As we were leaving traffic was backed up on the Parkway due to a Freight Train. Not knowing how long it would take to clear we drove over to Giant Tiger. The last time we were there I had purchased a couple of Long Sleeved T Shirts that fit perfectly and they were reasonably priced. I managed to get Three more and Kathy even found herself a nice top at the same price.

By the time we got back to the Apartment we were both tired enough that I was falling to sleep reading E-Mails. After a Snap I was able to write this post.

The Weather Network showed that we felt like 86 F (30 C) this afternoon.

Thanks for following along and feel free to leave a comment unless it personally attacks someone for their opinion or is Spam.

Be Safe and Enjoy!

It’s about time.

Krackers

What if there were no hypothetical questions?

No comments:

Post a Comment