It's about time.

Many of you can relate to Working long hours at your career. Raising your families. Buying a home and paying all the bills related to being homeowners and parents. We're now retired and don't need all that work and expense. Now "It's about time" and what we do to follow our dreams.

Thank You for Following our Blog.

Thank You for following this Blog

Friday, August 19, 2022

Red Lights and Miscalculation.

 Our Location today is Windsor, Ontario.

Click on the pictures to enlarge.

Since I now know that it usually takes Twenty Minutes to get to work in the morning I did not adjust the time on the Alarm. As it was I was again up before it went off and after having Cereal for breakfast I was heading out the door early. That was all important because I being was allowed to start early on a job they badly needed at work.

What I didn’t count on was that I would be stopped at Eight Traffic Lights this morning along with a Train that normally only runs on the weekend. It was 6:10 when I punched in and Five Minutes later I was suited up heading to my workbench.

With luck I had calculated this would only take Three Hours to do but I was wrong. The Length, Width and Depth of the slot were all greater then I expected. By depositing a Single Drop of Metal at a time it would end up taking over Seven Hours to complete while leaving only solid material with no cavities. The heat in that Feedscrew needed to slow cool so it was wrapped in a Fireproof Blanket and should be cold by morning.

When I spoke to Kathy at lunchtime she was still busy on her project but planned on walking around Walmart for exercise.

After completing that job I was assigned a quick touch-up that someone else had an Oops on. I finally worked with Alec for nearly an Hour where he showed me how to use the Plasma Transfer Arc to repair a flight on a Left-Handed Feedscrew.

The Weather Network showed our Humidex felt like 90 F (32 C) this afternoon and even with the Balcony Door and Bedroom Window open Kathy was feeling warm. (Not Me!

She was also feeling hungry for supper partly because she had hardly eaten all day. Needing something quick I made a Veggie/Cheese Omelette using a bit of the Leftover Stir-Fry for fill. Kathy included some of the Pineapple I cut last night for dessert.

Now we are set up for a personal early start tomorrow. Hope you all enjoy your weekend.

Thanks for following along and feel free to leave a comment unless it personally attacks someone for their opinion or is Spam.

Be Safe and Enjoy!

It’s about time.

Krackers

I have a stepladder.

I never knew my real ladder.

1 comment:

  1. I am certain that you will be able to easily fill in for Alec when he goes on vacation. It looks like very interesting job chores you are doing and with your skills you fit right into this company.

    ReplyDelete