It's about time.

Many of you can relate to Working long hours at your career. Raising your families. Buying a home and paying all the bills related to being homeowners and parents. We're now retired and don't need all that work and expense. Now "It's about time" and what we do to follow our dreams.

Thank You for Following our Blog.

Thank You for following this Blog

Sunday, March 13, 2022

Working Up To A Celebration.

 Our Location today is Windsor, Ontario.

Click on the pictures to enlarge.

I changed all the Clocks in the Apartment an Hour ahead before going to bed last night so I didn’t think much about going to bed after 11:30. However when the Alarm went off at 6:00 this morning I was dragging but struggled to get moving. The minute I walked outside into the Northeasterly Wind that made it feel like 0 F (-18 C) I started moving faster in order to take cover in the Car.

When I walked into Planet Fitness I was surprised to see only about Ten People inside exercising. Probably everyone else hadn’t bothered to change their Clocks until this morning which didn’t bother me because that meant I could workout undisturbed. The place was starting to fill up later as I was on my way back to the Car.

I arrived home just before 9:30 to find Kathy already at her Computer. After emptying my Gym Bag I joined her. There were no New Jobs of interest that I had not already applied for. Looking out the Balcony Door the landscape was once again starting to turn White.

When it came time for lunch we had Split Pea with Ham Soup along with Grapes and Yogurt Cups for dessert. It was still Snowing but much smaller flakes then those falling earlier.

With plans to attend a Birthday Party we left the Apartment around 3:30 and were happy to see it was no longer Snowing and what was on the vehicles had already melted away. The Weather Network showed we reached a high temperature of 43 F (6 C) today.

Starting to melt before we left.

The drive out to Essex was uneventful and the only Snow we saw was along the edges of the Fields and Ditches. Just getting out for a drive even felt good.

(L-R Front) Emma, her aunt Melissa and grandma Sue.
Being Photo-Bombed by her uncle Dean
and grand dad Jack looking forward.

When we arrived at our daughter-in-law Jen’s house Emma was already surrounded by a number of friends wishing her the best. After getting hugs from Connor and Haigan it was only minutes after that Jen brought out buffet of varied dishes. Most were Vegetable Dishes that were so tasty I had to have a second plate. I’m addicted to “See Food” aren’t you? It was quite the celebration topped off by Cake and Ice Cream but the noise of the children soon had both sets of grandparents departing around 7:00.
Who wants Cake and Ice Cream?

We were home around 8:00 and both agreed it was a nice party but we were tired because of the switch to Daylight Savings Time.

Thanks for following along and feel free to leave a comment unless it personally attacks someone for their opinion or is Spam.

Be Safe and Enjoy!

It’s about time.

Krackers

You know your getting old when your memory is shorter and your complaining lasts longer.

1 comment:

  1. What a fine day you had in spite of the time change and cold. (Not surprised at the low turnout at the exercise place.) Glad you had a good time with family and food and a drive.

    ReplyDelete