It's about time.

Many of you can relate to Working long hours at your career. Raising your families. Buying a home and paying all the bills related to being homeowners and parents. We're now retired and don't need all that work and expense. Now "It's about time" and what we do to follow our dreams.

Thank You for Following our Blog.

Thank You for following this Blog

Thursday, March 3, 2022

Working Out and A Wonderful Visit.

 Our Location today is Windsor, Ontario.

Click on the pictures to enlarge.

Even after having a busy but not physical day yesterday I had trouble staying asleep last night. That seems to be the same thing that happened the last time I set the Alarm so I could go to the Gym early. When I saw there was only Ten Minutes left before it would go off I just started my day.

I was doing Cardio by 6:20 at Planet Fitness and was really surprised how busy they were at that time. It could have a lot to do with the lifting of the last of the Coronavirus Restrictions that happened on Tuesday. When I was finished there I had to go use the Resistance Machines because all the Free Weight Benches were in use by groups working out together. I spent more time then I figured before finally being able to get over to the Free Weights. It lengthened my workout time which I didn’t mind the least.

That meant I didn’t get out of there until 9:00 but it only took Five Minutes to get to Guardian Storage. The staff had only started when I was leaving the Gym. I could easily get items from our Mailbox but they had an Amazon delivery that I needed to collect.

It was close to 9:30 before I walked into the Apartment. Kathy had finished her chores, eaten breakfast and was at her Computer. In the Mail there were more T-4 Slips that we need for our Tax Returns but I had the package we’d been waiting for.

Since our Dining Table and Chairs sits on Laminate Flooring that we try hard not to scratch by putting Felt Pads on them. We find that the ones on the Chairs are constantly coming off which is frustrating as well as expensive. This past Monday we saw an Advertisement of the Television for a product called Rudy Sliders that fit both Round and Square Legs and are guaranteed not to come off unless you take them off. They said they weren’t available anywhere else not even Amazon. I found them on Amazon and they were delivered yesterday.

Kathy held the chairs steady while I installed their new Rudy Sliders. They seem to slide better on the Laminate Floor as well. We’ll let you know how they wear and if they are worth the investment.

We were out the door shortly after 11:00. The Wind seemed to have more of a bite then when I came home earlier. Our destination was to pick up our Dear Friend Vera and go out to lunch since the Coronavirus Restrictions for dining in Restaurants was also lifted that’s where we were going. Since she doesn’t get out much she was waiting in the Lobby of her building when we arrived.

We went to the Michigan Diner on Tecumseh Road where they allow us to choose where to sit. We all ordered their Broasted Chicken Dinners with Sweet Potato Fries. Since everything is cooked fresh that gave us plenty of time to catch up on what has been happening. Vera was happy that I quit my job for Paul agreeing that the Alcohol had clouded his judgment. We enjoyed our meals and Vera is looking forward to the next time we can go out for a meal.

Back home by 2:00 I managed to apply on another Job Ad. Paul’s Ad was again showing as just posted. They must have had someone apply so they took it down only to have the person say “No Thanks”.

The 6 o’clock Local News reported there were 18 Active Coronavirus Death for the Windsor/Essex Region.

The Weather Network showed we had a high temperature of 30 F (-1 C) today but with the North Wind it did not feel that warm.

Thanks for following along and feel free to leave a comment unless it personally attacks someone for their opinion or is Spam.

Be Safe and Enjoy!

It’s about time.

Krackers

You know you’re RV trash when you consider campgrounds with grass to be “weird.”

2 comments:

  1. Its puzzling to me. It seems the ratio of applications you have submitted resulting in actual job interviews are very low.
    Your blog suggests your qualifications, leadership,& experience speak volumes.
    ** Are you utilizing / listing Paul as a reference on your applications?.
    The startling absence of responses to your many application's suggests to me Paul may be subverting your efforts with poor recommendations!!!!
    You may want to investigate or at least ask the question directly.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I saw those Ruby Sliders advertised. Was wondering how they were. Will await to hear of your experience.

    ReplyDelete