It's about time.

Many of you can relate to Working long hours at your career. Raising your families. Buying a home and paying all the bills related to being homeowners and parents. We're now retired and don't need all that work and expense. Now "It's about time" and what we do to follow our dreams.

Thank You for Following our Blog.

Thank You for following this Blog

Thursday, March 24, 2022

Restless, One Down and Ivan Called.

 Our Location today is Windsor, Ontario.

Click on the pictures to enlarge.

It was a good thing that I wasn’t going anywhere early this morning because I didn’t get out of bed until 8:00. It seemed that as soon as I would fall asleep last night I would wake up. I even got up a few times just to walk around our Three Hundred Square Foot Apartment in hopes of relaxing. I finally did at 7:30 only to wake a Half Hour later.

To say I needed extra Coffee to keep going was a definite even though it was De-Cafinated. With cold overcast weather outside we settled in at the Computers where there few job ads to look at so I spent more time reading Blogs. I also called Guardian Storage to explain what Amazon had told me about refusing delivery of the Toolboxes.

As a way of balancing our lunch we shared some Corn Beef Hash on a Toast along with Caesars Salad.

Shortly after 1:30 Melissa from the Storage Yard called to say there was a package for us to pick up. We waited before going to pick it up and Kathy came along just for the sake of getting out. The package was for Sandals that I ordered but when the driver brought in the large box with our name on it she had simply refused it. The driver said they have lots of returns that way. I should see the Refund to my account in a few days. One Down, One To Go.

When we got home I cleaned and sliced up a Celery Root that Kathy then cooked for our supper. Tonight that was our entire meal. Sometimes we have it as a side or a snack.

A bit of Rain.

 had tried unsuccessfully calling Ivan last weekend and was surprised when he called around 5:30 from home. Due to the Invasion and Spring Break in the US the plant is down to short shifts this week. Paul asked him if there was any chance I would go back to do a few jobs needing to be done. He said he told him not to hold his breathe the way he treated me. The Van is still sitting untouched since the day I walked out. We’ll be talking again soon.

Clouds disappear as the Sun sets.

The 6 o’clock Local News reported on the Invasion of Ukraine and what people are doing to help. They also said we lost another citizen of the Windsor/Essex Region to the Coronavirus leaving 34 Active Cases in the area.

The Weather Network showed we reached a high of 48 F (9 C) with cooler temperatures heading our way for the weekend.

Hoping I sleep better tonight so I can hit the Gym in the morning.

Thanks for following along and feel free to leave a comment unless it personally attacks someone for their opinion or is Spam.

Be Safe and Enjoy!

It’s about time.

Krackers

You Might Be a Redneck If

You let goldenrod grow in your yard because it looks so pretty.

5 comments:

  1. I never doubted that Paul would regret having fired you...he will never find someone of your stature to work for him.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Have you considered freelance? Paid for a specific job. Maybe you should be advertising your sevices. Maybe Paul would call :o)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I would go work for him, but charge him DOUBLE!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Barb in Fl has the idea. Be an independent contractor.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Would you require a contractors license to freelance as a mechanic/craftsman in Ontario Provence, Canada?
    Also you have learned to be careful with dealing with Paul- I suggest a a detailed written agreement on the scope of the project & work, necessary assistance from his employees. and I would include the cost a personal liability insurance policy in your compensation agreement.
    Also, would you need to tolerate "Kharen's" involvement?
    Leaf nothing to the imagination with this guy.

    ReplyDelete