It's about time.

Many of you can relate to Working long hours at your career. Raising your families. Buying a home and paying all the bills related to being homeowners and parents. We're now retired and don't need all that work and expense. Now "It's about time" and what we do to follow our dreams.

Thank You for Following our Blog.

Thank You for following this Blog

Monday, March 14, 2022

Company Changes and Late Grocery Shopping.

 Our Location today is Windsor, Ontario.

Click on the pictures to enlarge.

There were a couple of things that woke me through the night but I was still able to go back to sleep and be out of bed by 8:00 this morning. Kathy wasn’t so lucky as it seemed to be her turn to sit on the edge of consciousness rather then falling into a restful night’s sleep. It didn’t take long for her to realize that I had gotten up and started getting things ready for breakfast as she joined me within Ten Minutes.

Once we had eaten and we had moved to the Computers it didn’t take long before I was submitting Resumes to different companies. By the end of the day I would have applied for Six new positions but I also noted that my old job was still being posted.

We had Italian Wedding Soup along with Cheese on Crackers for lunch with the leftover Pineapple for dessert.

I started looking On-Line to see if there are other Fabrication Shops in the area. Surprisingly many that I had visited back in 2019 no longer appeared but there was quite a few newer companies I had never heard about. The Coronavirus Restrictions probably had a lot to do with that. I started making a Spreadsheet so I’ll do some door knocking once all the Restrictions are lifted in the next month.

Changing things up a bit we shared a Caesars Salad as well as a Personal Sized Tourtiere for supper. Since we wanted to make room in the fridge we had Mandarin Orange Slices along with Yogurt Cups and a couple of Cookies for dessert.

The 6 o’clock Local News showed we still had 25 Active Coronavirus Cases in the Windsor/Essex Region. They also spoke about the ongoing invasion of Ukraine by Russia and ways we could help with relief.

The Weather Network showed we reached a high temperature of 55 F (13 C) today. We’ll enjoy the next few days of comfortable temperatures before we once again cool down.

Once the News was finished we headed out the door. Taking the Car we headed to Zehr’s grocery store to get a few more food stocks that we hadn’t stocked up on. We did find a few things “On Sale” that we eat that weren’t on our List. They found their way into our Cart.

Back at the building we carried the Perishable Items upstairs so Kathy could put them away while I returned with our Folding Cart to retrieve the rest.

I have to shake up my routine in the morning because I need to run a couple of errands in the process.

Thanks for following along and feel free to leave a comment unless it personally attacks someone for their opinion or is Spam.

Be Safe and Enjoy!

It’s about time.

Krackers

Words of Inspiration

Ability may get you to the top, but it takes character to keep you there.

Stevie Wonder, Singer

2 comments:

  1. Are you thinking of spending maybe some time during the summer in your 5th wheel at a park in Canada? It is such a shame to have it stored up without you enjoying it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have to look up tourtiere every time you mention it! Duh. A nice little meat and potato hand held pie. Lovely. Maybe now I will remember as I've written about it. We'll see, the next time you two have them.

    ReplyDelete