It's about time.

Many of you can relate to Working long hours at your career. Raising your families. Buying a home and paying all the bills related to being homeowners and parents. We're now retired and don't need all that work and expense. Now "It's about time" and what we do to follow our dreams.

Thank You for Following our Blog.

Thank You for following this Blog

Tuesday, March 15, 2022

Routine Change and Getting Trimmed.

 Our Location today is Windsor, Ontario.

Click on the pictures to enlarge.

Even though I planned on going to the gym this morning I had to run an errand first so that meant waiting for the store to open at 8:00 according to the Internet. You might ask why is it so important to be there when the store opens on a Tuesday. The store is Princess Auto which is similar to Harbor Freight in the US. They advertise their sales every Two Weeks and they always start on a Tuesday. The last Two Sales (Four Weeks) they advertised Nitrile Coated Gloves as “Hot Buys”. At those prices they were even cheaper then at the Dollarama. The first time Kathy and I went the next day and the second time we went Tuesday afternoon only to be told they were sold out and when they are advertised as Hot Buys” there are no Rain-Cheques given out. Contractors were going in and buying out their stock.

Imagine my surprise when I arrived at 7:40 to see customers already leaving and the sign flashing the word “Open”. The first thing I did was to head straight to the Surplus Section and found the Gloves I was looking for. The shelf had been full but was already half emptied. I took Two Packages before looking for the other items on my list.

At Planet Fitness my workout went well but by 10:30 my energy level was in decline probably since I hadn’t eaten before leaving home. After a shower I made a quick stop at Motor City Community Credit Union to get some coins for doing the laundry.

It was nearly 11:30 by the time I got home so after emptying my Gym Bag we started making lunch. Split Pea with Ham Soup was on the menu with Mandarin Orange Slices and a piece of Double Chocolate Cake for dessert.

The few jobs being advertised in my Trade I had already applied for. The rest of the afternoon was spent catching up on Blogs we follow. Those in the Arizona desert were all making us jealous.

We headed out around 4:30 and the warm Sun and lite Breeze felt wonderful. Our destination was the new location for Fantastic Sams. Due to problems with the Contractors they were Twelve Weeks Late in reopening. Both Kathy and I had gotten desperate enough to do some trimming just so we didn’t look like a couple of Shaggy Dogs. Even though there is still more organizing to do Julia was able to make us look much more presentable.

It was past 6:30 before we walked out with our next appointment made. We went to Taco Bell’s Drive-Thru where we used a Coupon to order our supper. We enjoyed People Watching as we sat eating in the parking lot.

The Weather Network showed we had reached a high of 43 F (6 C) this afternoon.

Not sure what tomorrow will bring.

Thanks for following along and feel free to leave a comment unless it personally attacks someone for their opinion or is Spam.

Be Safe and Enjoy!

It’s about time.

Krackers

You know you’re RV trash when as a Fulltimer, you buy a 20 foot travel trailer because you outgrew the old one.

2 comments:

  1. Hope what you're looking for today is here tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I still think you would be an awesome addition to the PA staff. I'm only saying that because my daughter-in-law has done the HR work for one of the local PA stores here in BC for 15 years and you are exactly the type of candidate she would be looking for. They may not pay as high as the welding profession but the profit sharing and other benefits may be worth a look. Best of all, they are a Canadian family owned and operated business. You would be a star there!

    ReplyDelete