It's about time.

Many of you can relate to Working long hours at your career. Raising your families. Buying a home and paying all the bills related to being homeowners and parents. We're now retired and don't need all that work and expense. Now "It's about time" and what we do to follow our dreams.

Thank You for Following our Blog.

Thank You for following this Blog

Wednesday, March 23, 2022

A Good Day. A Bad Day.

 Our Location today is Windsor, Ontario.

Click on the pictures to enlarge.

After resetting my Alarm I had another toss and turn night but still managed to be at Planet Fitness minutes after 5:30. The reason for doing that was so I would be home for the Two 10:00 Appointments. I was surprised how packed the place was at that time and most people were not wearing Masks. I had a great workout and did not feel the least bit tired.

It was nearly 9:30 when I walked in the Apartment. After a snack and getting things dried out I was busy at the Computer. There were no Job Ads to apply for today but plenty of Blogs to read. The time for the Phone Interview came and went without the phone even ringing.

We waited until noon to have Split Pea with Ham Soup along with Cheese on Crackers for lunch along with a Yogurt Cup and slice of Black Forest Cake for dessert.

It was nearly 1:00 when Pat the Building Handyman showed up to flip the doors on our Fridge. We had to unload what was on the Door Shelves into our Laundry Baskets and cover them with Towels to keep it all cold. He first removed the Freezer Door then the Upper Fridge Hinge then the Door before he noted the Lower Hinge could not be used on the other side. After remounting the Doors he went to check his work shop with no luck at finding another Hinge. The part will be ordered before he can flip the Doors.

It was around that time I received an E-Mail from Amazon saying a Toolbox I had ordered had been shipped. I had looked at a number of Toolboxes and put them on a Wish List as reference but hadn’t ordered any. An Hour later On-Line I thought I had it all resolved.

Guardian Storage called to say they had a package for us. Thinking it was something we had actually ordered we headed out to pick it up. It ended up being a roll of Drawer Liner Material for Toolboxes. That was something else I had put on the Wish List but hadn’t ordered.

We stopped at Dollarama and Zehr’s grocery store for some needed supplies. When we came out it had started to Rain so we headed over to Burger King and enjoyed their Whopper Wednesday Meals replacing the French Fries with Onion Rings.

We had everything in the Apartment before we stopped to look out the Balcony Door. The Rain was coming down so hard the Street Lights had all turned on. Fifteen Minutes later the Rain stopped.

Another E-Mail from Amazon said another Toolbox I ordered was shipped. What the #$%^& I didn’t order a Toolbox. This time I spoke to Grace and was told the only thing I can do is to “Refuse the Order”. The problem with that is they are being delivered to the Storage Yard which is our Legal Mailing Address. After nearly Two Hours on the phone the only other option is to personally return them to FedEx and Purolator so they can be returned. I’ve got a headache.

The 6 o’clock Local News reported on the Invasion of Ukraine and what we can do to help.

The Weather Network showed we reached a high of 47 F (8.6 C) with more Spring Showers and Rain heading our way.

I have more phone calls to make in the morning.

Thanks for following along and feel free to leave a comment unless it personally attacks someone for their opinion or is Spam.

Be Safe and Enjoy!

It’s about time.

Krackers

You know you're over the hill when you keep repeating yourself.

5 comments:

  1. I'm curious...how was it paid for? Did you have a credit card on file with Amazon?

    Last month I kept on getting emails saying I needed to contact them because my package could not be delivered. Since I had not ordered anything I ignored them. Darn...another thing to worry about!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a pain having to deal with Amazon like that!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Maybe Amazon was hacked, which wouldn't surprise me. Yes, check your credit card statement.

    ReplyDelete