It's about time.

Many of you can relate to Working long hours at your career. Raising your families. Buying a home and paying all the bills related to being homeowners and parents. We're now retired and don't need all that work and expense. Now "It's about time" and what we do to follow our dreams.

Thank You for Following our Blog.

Thank You for following this Blog

Thursday, February 18, 2021

Surprise Visitors, More Flurries, Running Behind and Texas Disaster.

 Our Location today is at Windsor, Ontario.

Click on the pictures to Enlarge.

Since the temperature was forecasted to stay above Zero last night we decided not to leave the Bed Cover on since we had only put it on for these colder nights. I now believe I know what might have been the cause of all those restless nights that we had in the last few months. Even though I kept myself under the remaining bedding I would periodically wake to find my legs were chilled.

Opening the Balcony Blinds this morning didn’t do much to lift our spirits. The hazy effect was from the very fine Flurries that were slowly coming down. Checking The Weather Network they showed it was 18 F (-8 C) and that we could expect these Flurries for the rest of the day.

When we were Fulltiming whether at the Park or Travelling we often saw wildlife that we admired and often photographed. When we check many of the Blogs we follow we sometimes feel envious of pictures of Natures Creatures appearing for them to snap a quick shot of. As we were having breakfast this morning as I looked up a Squirrel came walking from the direction of our neighbours on the Balcony Rail. It paused while looking in at us eating the then scampering off before Kathy could turn around. She wasn’t surprised that it would visit us on the Eighth Floor as we have often seen them scaling the side of the building from the ground up. Spiderman hasn’t got anything on these Squirrels.

We continued eating and Five Minutes later as I looked up a flock of Geese began flying by no more the Twenty Feet from our Balcony. I started thinking I was hallucinating until another Flock that were following the first started Honking as they took the same path. Heck the only thing we’re missing are the Rabbits and Coyotes. Maybe if we keep a keener eye on the parking lot.

After reading the few Blogs we follow this morning I set about to exercise before lunch because of an afternoon appointment. I did this before and it worked out well. I managed to get my full Three Sets of all my routines completed. There was also another advantage to working out then. When you exercise like that mixing some Cardio with Weights your Metabolism starts racing so if you have your meal within an Hour of finishing your workout it is quickly digested and nearly zeroes out all the Calories and Carbs.

We had Split Pea with Ham Soup for lunch along with Cookies, a Chocolate Pudding Cup and a shared Apple for dessert.

As soon as we finished our Hot Beverages I hit the Shower to get cleaned up. Even though I don’t get the Cardio I do at the Gym it’s amazing how much I sweat.

We headed out the door just before 4:30. Even though the parking lot lanes get plowed there’s still plenty of accumulation between the vehicles. By the time I cleaned all the windows my feet were starting to get cold. The fact I only had running shoes on might have had something to do with that.

Our first stop was the nearby Shoppers Drug Mart where I picked up the Glucosamine Tablets. I had forgot to get the last time I was here before I did the Doucettes and ended up running short. An easy fix besides with Thursday being Seniors Days I saved and Extra Twenty Percent off the Sale Price.

Next stop was at Green Shield where Kathy deposited her Claim Form given to her from Mary’s visit yesterday. It was eerie to see only a few cars in the parking lot that is normally full. Since most of their Employees are presently working from home because of the Coronavirus it’s understandable.

We arrived at Fantastic Sam’s Fifteen Minutes early for our 5:30 Haircut Appointments. Normally when that happens we get in early but not today. Julia was running a Half Hour behind as some of her customers had taken longer then expected. It was 6:20 when she finally called Kathy in. We both needed a good thinning out so it was 7:00 before we said Good Night.

We normally eat earlier so we went to the Burger King Drive-Thru where we ordered Two Original Chicken Sandwiches for $6.00 for our supper. We drove to the parking lot where we ate them.

The Flurries that started this morning were making driving a bit challenging for some. I dropped Kathy at the Front Entrance before parking the Car. The Plow had been by while we were gone making it a little tricky to park but I managed.

In the Apartment we turned on the US News Media to see how the Crisis in Texas has gotten worse. Their infrastructure is not made for the Cold Temperatures they are presently experiencing so not only were people without Electricity but Water as well. A Large Apartment Complex then caught on Fire and the Fire Department had no Water to put it out. The entire Complex was lost and many are now Homeless.

We didn’t even watch our own News this evening.

Thank you for following along and feel free to leave a comment. Everyone is entitled to their opinion unless it personally attacks someone for their comment or is Spam.

Be Safe and Enjoy!

It’s about time.

Krackers

How do you know when you are going to drown in milk?


When it’s past your eyes.



4 comments:

  1. Seems to me you had a nice day in your neighbourhood. You got some errands done and haircuts to boot! :) I'm sure a lot of hair dressers are very busy right now.
    Texas is sure a sad story right now, I can't even imagine what they're going through.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Being able to see squirrels on the 8th floor is surprising, I guess you are right Spiderman does not have anything on them.

    Mother and I need haircuts but we are too afraid to get them and besides the border is closed.

    The apartment fire you are referring to took place in San Antonio and while they were close to hydrants they were frozen solid so they had to bring water in tank-style vehicles to fight it. They also had no access to the back part of the complex, therefore, it was a losing proposition.

    While many went to stay with family the Red Cross gave them vouchers to stay at local hotels, but you are right they lost all their belongings and are technically homeless until they make new living arrangements.

    ReplyDelete
  3. We are in Fort Worth TX area. We had temps below zero. Rolling blackouts on electricity for 3 days. We had water because we have our own well & kept all the faucets in house dripping. Today it finally got above 32 degrees. Lots of cities here in Texas have no water because everything froze because of no electric. But it could be worse. We are very thankful for what we have. Stay warm.

    ReplyDelete
  4. How neat that nature came to visit you. I had no idea that squirrels climbed buildings. So terrible about what is happening in Texas. I feel so sorry for those in that large complex.

    ReplyDelete