It's about time.

Many of you can relate to Working long hours at your career. Raising your families. Buying a home and paying all the bills related to being homeowners and parents. We're now retired and don't need all that work and expense. Now "It's about time" and what we do to follow our dreams.

Thank You for Following our Blog.

Thank You for following this Blog

Monday, February 8, 2021

Can’t Stop Thinking, Sopping Surprise and Reopening News.

 Our Location today is at Windsor, Ontario.

Click on the pictures to Enlarge.

As I’ve mentioned before that when I have a project I sometimes spend hours planning and figuring dimensions, angles and how to fasten it all together. After Three Hours of sound sleep last night I started figuring how to build Brackets to support the Solar Panels on our Trailer. Stop right there I’ve already done that, mounted the Solar Panels on the Trailer and have Pictures along with the Sketches with all the measurements to prove it. My mind just would not stop thinking so I didn’t wait any longer and took a Tylenol Night-Time before going back to sleep.

I finally got up at 8:30 and scrambled to get things started before Kathy would wake up. It was perfect timing and by 9:00 we were finishing our breakfast. That’s when I was reminded that in the past whenever it was a Travel Day or I had a special Project going my mind would go into overdrive the night before.

My project for today had nothing to do with the Trailer instead it was simply doing the Laundry. It was past 10:00 by the time I stripped the bed, sorted the clothes and headed down to the Second Floor Laundry Room. With One of the Washers marked as Out of Order once the other Three machines were working I simply walked down to the First Floor Laundry Room. With nobody there I simply got the Bedding going there.

That’s when I realized I had forgotten my Watch so I headed back to our Apartment to retrieve it. Inside I found Kathy finishing making the bed with fresh sheets. With another Hug and a Kiss I headed back downstairs.

It was only a matter of minutes when I started the chore of transferring everything to the Dryers. When those Three were moved over I went downstairs to get our Bed Sheets. That Washer was just finishing its final spin. I was looking out the window when it stopped but before I could cross the room it started refilling the washtub with Water. Even with the lid open it continued to add Water. Piece by Piece I had to wring the Water out by hand. I brought a very heavy basket upstairs to use the last Dryer on the Second Floor.

With a Half Hour left I headed back to the Apartment where Kathy was busy cleaning and dusting. We had Split Pea with Ham Soup for lunch along with a shared Orange, Cookies and Chocolate Pudding Cup.

Back in the Laundry Room I had Five Minutes before the first Dryer stopped and it was the last one started with the Bed Sheets. I was surprised that they were actually dry. It seemed perfect timing because just as I would get the contents of One Dryer folded another would stop.

It was just minutes after 2:00 when I returned to the Apartment and Kathy was just putting her cleaning tools away. As I looked out the Balcony Door there were White Flakes blowing by. Once the Clothes were put away we finally sat and had a Coffee. It was the first time I sat in front of my Computer today.

We watched Three episodes of Law and Order. We had Macaroni and Cheese for supper with an Apple Sauce Cup for dessert.

On the 6 o’clock Local News the first thing they spoke about was the Provincial Government allowing parts of the province to partially reopen some non-essential services. Unfortunately the Windsor/Essex region was not one of them even though we only had 40 New Coronavirus Cases and no Deaths today.

We watched a Garage Sale Mystery for our evening entertainment.

Thank you for following along and feel free to leave a comment. Everyone is entitled to their opinion unless it personally attacks someone for their comment or is Spam.

Be Safe and Enjoy!

It’s about time.

Krackers

I knew I shouldn’t have eaten that seafood because now I’m feeling a little eel.

5 comments:

  1. Just getting the laundry out of the way is a big accomplishment.

    We are going to get cold temperatures this weekend...nothing like yours but cold for Texas.

    ReplyDelete
  2. For some reason today's post wasn't coming up at first this morning... it did finally appear though obviously.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm the same way when something gets in my head. Keep going over and over it but accomplish nothing. One of these days things will open up.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Glad you stopped the solar panel planning. I've had similar experiences. Too bad the young don't write blogs and tell what they thought of when they woke at oh, whatever hour. Well, maybe we don't want to know. Truth is, I don't remember waking at 2-3 AM regularly, which I do now. So I guess I wasn't awake to think of a project, done or undone. I think of 3AM as the recognition of mortality hour. 5 is almost getting up time, so a completely different frame of mind.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I thought it would costa small fortune to get those wet sheets dried. You were lucky. We only have one set of sheets here in the house so I wash and dry and then put them back on the bed right away. We have two sets in the RV because in Mexico we have to leave them a few days before the laundry guy gets them down.

    ReplyDelete