It's about time.

Many of you can relate to Working long hours at your career. Raising your families. Buying a home and paying all the bills related to being homeowners and parents. We're now retired and don't need all that work and expense. Now "It's about time" and what we do to follow our dreams.

Thank You for Following our Blog.

Thank You for following this Blog

Sunday, February 14, 2021

Stocking Up, Winter Storm and Pre-Empted News.

 Our Location today is at Windsor, Ontario.

Click on the pictures to Enlarge.

As I’ve mentioned before if I get to bed late I get up early and if I get to bed early I sleep in. Last night I got to bed late after reading a few Blogs that could have waited until this morning so I was wide awake by 7:30.

That time was a little strange because when I opened the Balcony Blinds it looked like the start of a grey dismal day. Once I had things ready to make breakfast I returned to the Computer and discovered on The Weather Network that the Sun had just risen itself. By reading that information at that moment was like a boost to its moral making the Sun fill our Livingroom with light. I swear I heard Kathy’s Plants cheering.

You can see the glimmer of light on the ground.

Since I’ve been job hunting I have been doing something I’ve never done before even during these Lock-Downs started leaving my E-Mail open and checking it every Ten to Twenty Minutes. When I opened it I found this morning there were Two new job postings that were published yesterday but had not shown up by Midnight.

It was nearly 9:00 when Kathy joined me. She had to sit at the table while I made her French Toast then later joined her when mine were ready. While enjoying our morning brews I filled Kathy in as to what the Radar and the Forecasts showed was heading our way and that tomorrow would not make for a good shopping day.

With our morning chores finished we had Chicken Noodle Soup for lunch with a Croissant and Apple Sauce Cup for dessert. We worked together checking our Cupboards, Fridge and Freezer to see what we needed to pick up today.

It was after 1:00 when we headed out the door. Even though the temperature was only 21 F (-6 C) with the light northwest breeze it felt comfortable outside. As we drove south on the Parkway with the Sun shining through the windshield it felt like we were getting a tan through our heavy coats.

Our first stop was at Guardian Storage to pick up our Mail. Hard to believe that it’s been over a week since we were here last.

The next stop was Dollarama where we started whittling away at our Shopping List. With the present Lock-Down Restrictions the Local Health Units restrict the total number of people allowed in the stores at one time so we stood outside for Five Minutes before being allowed in. I have explained before that for every dollar we are spending there on food it would have cost us double at the grocery store.

Going to Zehr’s grocery store we purchased our Produce, Dairy and Frozen Foods along with things not available at the other store.

It was shortly after 4:00 when I finished loading the Shopping Cart at the rear door. Kathy pushed it up to the Apartment while I parked the Car. It was past 5:00 by the time we had all our food stocks put away.

We had a Store Bought Medium Thin Crust Canadian Pizza for supper. We get the Thin Crust Pizzas to keep the carbs and calories down but it’s also quick and easy to cook and serve. Another thing is that it cost less then $5.00 to feed Two People.

When we returned to our Computers there was a Severe Winter Storm Warning flashing across our screens. There’s a chance we’ll get between 5 cm (2 in.) to 25 cm (10 in.) of accumulation. Reminds me of years gone by except that it would happen every few days.

Our 6 o’clock Local News was again pre-empted fora Golf Tournament so we watched America’s Funniest Videos and the new Equalizer series this evening.

Thank you for following along and feel free to leave a comment. Everyone is entitled to their opinion unless it personally attacks someone for their comment or is Spam.

Be Safe and Enjoy!

It’s about time.

Krackers

You know you’re RV trash when truckers know about you and pull off the road a minute before you pass.

4 comments:

  1. Quite the afternoon you had shopping. I hate putting away the groceries, my least favorite part about shopping. Nice dinner was quick and looks tasty too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Seeing the sun often I had come to take it for granted but these past couple of days without it has made me value it more.

    One of these days when I get to the store I am going to try one of those pizzas.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So, good, supplies are laid in again. I myself like the thin crust ones, because I like some cruch. Looks good!

    ReplyDelete