It's about time.

Many of you can relate to Working long hours at your career. Raising your families. Buying a home and paying all the bills related to being homeowners and parents. We're now retired and don't need all that work and expense. Now "It's about time" and what we do to follow our dreams.

Thank You for Following our Blog.

Thank You for following this Blog

Friday, February 5, 2021

Windy Night, National Do Not Call List and “Death At A Funeral”.

 Our Location today is at Windsor, Ontario.

Click on the pictures to Enlarge.

Last night I slept like a rock for Eight Straight Hours. I don’t know what happen but I hope it happens again. In last night’s Blog I showed how in a mater of a few hours things were looking quite Winter-Like outside. Luckily for us the Flurries stopped by 10:00 last night but what didn’t stop was the Wind.

When the Wind blows in from the South side of the building it causes the decorative panel on our Balcony Railing to vibrate. Since she was a young girl things (a few tornadoes) have cause Kathy to be afraid of High Winds. Last night she would barely get to sleep when the Wind would vibrate the Balcony Rail waking her up every time. To say she was tired when she got up this morning is an understatement.

Lots of Wind but no Flurries today.

Looking outside even though we’ve seen far worse we were glad we didn’t have to go shopping today.

Clouds intensifying.

There were no Jobs to apply for today but when I checked the Comments on our Blog I was happy to see Katie from the blog Gone Rogue had written. She reminded me of the name of the Canadian Government Office I mentioned yesterday. It is called National Do Not Call List and like she said it virtually takes seconds to register your phone numbers.

It will take about Two Weeks to begin and last for Five Years. If you want to have it last longer you simply reapply and it’s good to go. When I registered our Home Number it showed the first time I had registered it was back in 2011. I also did both of our Cell Phones so we can use them for personal use while not being disturbed by Telemarketers.

Even though the Apartment has heated floors it can still feel chilly at times. To help warm us up we had Split Pea Soup for lunch along with some Grapes, a Rice Crispy Square and a Chocolate Pudding Cup for dessert.

Finally seeing the Sun for the day.

Even without Flurries the Wind continued gusting to near Forty MPH throughout the entire day. I took a break from the Computer to get some exercises in. Hopefully that will help me sleep better tonight.

For supper we had Pulled Pork from Lou’s Kitchen served on a Hamburger Bun. I’ve learned to cut it up before microwaving it in a Covered Bowl for Two Minutes so it comes out perfect. It was more then satisfying and tasty plus we have enough for another meal.

On the 6 o’clock Local News they reported 41 New Coronavirus Cases with 2 Deaths today bring the total to 331 Deaths in the Windsor/Essex area. Canada is still struggling to get the Vaccines.

We later watched the comedy Death at a Funeral”. I could never imagine a Funeral like that.

Thank you for following along and feel free to leave a comment. Everyone is entitled to their opinion unless it personally attacks someone for their comment or is Spam.

Be Safe and Enjoy!

It’s about time.

Krackers

You Might Be a Redneck If

Your richest relative buys a new house and you have to help him take the wheels off it.

6 comments:

  1. I wonder if that wind just went right across the country we spent a good deal of Thursday rocking.
    Stay safe.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gotta hate those nuisance calls. If I don't recognize the number I don't answer. Leonard used to. He said it was rude not to answer a call. WHAT? What is rude is doing those robocalls. He finally agrees.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the tag :D Hope that others will make use of that Do Not Call list.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hope the Canadian list works better than the USA one. Perhaps I should check and update my registration. It's been a while.
    Meanwhile, glad you have remained snug away from those cold winds!!! Brrrr.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I had never heard of apartments with heated floors that sounds like an excellent idea especially where you guys live.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I did not know that the National Do Not Call list only lasted five years. I will get on that tomorrow. I envy your heated floors. So glad you got in a good nights sleep. It's about time!!

    I will check out the movie.

    ReplyDelete