It's about time.

Many of you can relate to Working long hours at your career. Raising your families. Buying a home and paying all the bills related to being homeowners and parents. We're now retired and don't need all that work and expense. Now "It's about time" and what we do to follow our dreams.

Thank You for Following our Blog.

Thank You for following this Blog

Tuesday, February 23, 2021

It’s Melting, Changed Plans, Problem Resolved, Chores and Tiger Woods.

 Our Location today is at Windsor, Ontario.

Click on the pictures to enlarge.

I was back to having a good sleep last night and only remembered rolling over One Time. When Kathy joined me for breakfast she said she woke about Four Times but would fall back to sleep as soon as she rolled over. We suspect that since the outside temperature never dipped below the Freezing Mark through the night we didn’t feel the cold inside.

Looking out the Balcony Door this morning we were both happy see that the piles created by the plow was melting. Looking down the street behind the building we were starting to see the curbs. Truly a sign that things are warming up.

While sitting at the Computers enjoying our Coffee/Tea I mentioned something that concerned me about the Trailer. All the years we lived in it Kathy did a lot of polishing and dusting that I didn’t know about because I was generally working on the outside. Suddenly our Plans changed and we were soon heading out the door.

The Truck fire right up and we were soon heading to Guardian Storage. Of course just as we were turning onto Jefferson Avenue the Train Crossing Guards came down and a slow moving Freight Train started crawling across. Not Planning on spending the morning waiting we turned onto the Expressway then exiting at Central. We added a couple of Miles to our arrival but we saved time.

Arriving near the Trailer I was surprised how much the snow drift next to it had melted away. Kathy was surprised that there was a natural path all around the unit that was clear. Once inside we no longer felt the Wind Gusts that made the temperature feel cold. After a quick glance Kathy pulled out the Furniture Polish she had stuffed in her pocket. The problem that worried me was simply Fifteen Months of no TLC.

We were back in the Apartment by 11:30. While Kathy recreated the Leftover Pineapple Pepper Chicken and Sides from yesterday’s supper I started stripping the bed. I managed to gather the rest of the Laundry before lunch was ready. As with all the dishes that Kathy recreates it all tasted great. She topped it off with a piece of the Pineapple Upside Down Cake.

After enjoying lunch I finished my chore of sorting and pretreating our clothes I finally arrived at the Second Floor Laundry Room just after 1:00. With the One Washer still “Out of Order” after Two Weeks I had to take One Load down to the First Floor Laundry Room. Since I had to wring water out our our Bed Sheets the last time I chose a different Washer this time.

What goes in must come out so I headed back to the Apartment for relief. Kathy had just finished cleaning the Dishes and was Planning on working on her Photos again but she wanted some background noise so she turned on the US News Media while I was there. There was an Investigation going on about the lack of preparedness that preceded the Capital Insurrection. I headed back to the Laundry Room while Kathy put fresh Bed Sheets on the bed.

Once I transferred the Laundry to the Dryers I headed back to the Apartment so I could breath some fresh air by taking my Mask off. I was going to get caught up on the Blogs I read when suddenly they had Breaking News about Tiger Woods having been in a Single Vehicle Accident and was already in Surgery. We would later find out it happened around 10:30 our time.

The Dryer cycle lasts an Hour so I was back downstairs folding the Clothes as I took it out. While I was doing that I started thinking what we could have for supper. When I walked back in the Apartment at 5:30 I was sweating and needed more fresh air. The fact that it reached the mid Forties might have had something to do with it. Sitting down for a break Kathy suggested having exactly what I had thought about for supper.

We had a Store Bought Thin Crust Medium Hawaiian Pizza for supper and since Kathy thought I worked so hard she topped it off with another piece of Pineapple Upside Down Cake for dessert. We topped it all off by sharing a bottle of Carbonated Juice (Fake Wine) as our refreshment.

The 6 o’clock Local News came on before we started eating but I managed to catch that there were 32 New Coronavirus Cases as well as 3 more Deaths bringing the local count to 376. The Provincial Government is now in the process of distributing more Vaccines for Essential Workers before they start taking care of the general population. We can expect a few more days of above normal temperatures before the weekend.

I finally got around to read Blogs and Comments on our post. I’ll try to get the Local Case Count tomorrow Katie so you won’t have to worry about your dad. At present our numbers have all been going down but with the New Variants popping up all around us it is wise to be safe.

We have Plans but not sure what will happen tomorrow as we all know Plans change.

Thank you for following along and feel free to leave a comment. Everyone is entitled to their opinion unless it personally attacks someone for their comment or is Spam.

Be Safe and Enjoy!

It’s about time.

Krackers

Words of Inspiration

I always wanted to be someone better the next day than I was the day before.

Sir Sidney Poitier, Actor

5 comments:

  1. Vivid has really thrown plans or the window. We have spent the last 12 months at home. This was the first winter we've been home for in 10 years. We are so very fortunate that there had been relatively very little Covid here and our general population has started to be vaccinated though we have elected not to have it immediately as we are voluntarily semi isolated anyway. It doesn't help that I don't have a great deal of confidence in that the vaccines have been fast tracked for approvals when normally it takes years... I'm thinking of resurrecting my blog again though I might have to move it to Wordpress as Blogger just isn't iPad friendly.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your trailer is just lonesome and misses you! Would it not be nice to travel somewhere in the summer?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad Kathy got some moisturizer on the wood. Nice to hear the 40s are coming around now. Won't be long before the snow is all gone. Covid deaths are falling which is good.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Those are balmy temperatures for your area. Hope they remain that way.

    ReplyDelete