It's about time.

Many of you can relate to Working long hours at your career. Raising your families. Buying a home and paying all the bills related to being homeowners and parents. We're now retired and don't need all that work and expense. Now "It's about time" and what we do to follow our dreams.

Thank You for Following our Blog.

Thank You for following this Blog

Wednesday, June 7, 2023

That’s Why and More.

 Our Location today is Windsor, Ontario.

Click on the pictures to enlarge.

First thing this morning, Mile wanted to know why I had not finished welding a Feedscrew that he had me put aside on Monday. When I reminded him of all the jobs done since and that it was a rebuild that had just arrived he went silent, before showing me another job he wanted me to do, after I finish another Auger.

Since I have been working here there is a word that I have gotten to dislike, “More”. I’ve been told to just edge a Flight and when I am certain there is excess material Mile tells me “More”. Then when the Machinist have to clean it up they ask, “Why so much weld?” Even though I now automatically add extra material I still heard that word today. It did not matter that the area was going to be recessed to hold a Bearing, it was again repeated.

By lunch I had caught up and was helping repair the Magnetic Sweeper for the janitor. My hands were black and took extra scrubbing to get clean.

When I spoke to Kathy at lunch she was having difficulty breathing because of the smoke from all the Wildfires across Canada.

Besides filling a Centering Hole on a Unit being shipped to the Customer, I helped buff it, then wrap it up before putting it in the Crate to be shipped.

At 3:15 Mile asked me again why I had not finished that Feedscrew from Monday. I put it on the Inspection Bench to do first thing in the morning.

With all the Rush-Hour Traffic, I didn’t arrive at Wyandotte Chiropractic Center until 4:15. When I Limped into the door Richard knew that I’d had a bad day. He had to do a lot more manipulating then normal. He also mentioned there would be good and bad days, some moving forward while others would be going the wrong way. It was after 5:00 when I Walked back to the Truck.

I picked up supper at Wendy’s. Kathy likes the Apple Pecan Salad while I like their Taco Salad. They were filling and healthy.

He’s hoping tomorrow is a better day.

Thanks for following along and feel free to leave a comment, unless it personally attacks someone for their opinion, or is Spam.

Be Safe and Enjoy!

It’s about time.

Krackers

You Might Be a Redneck If

Smith and Wesson attended your wedding without an invitation and you were overjoyed to see them there.

No comments:

Post a Comment