It's about time.

Many of you can relate to Working long hours at your career. Raising your families. Buying a home and paying all the bills related to being homeowners and parents. We're now retired and don't need all that work and expense. Now "It's about time" and what we do to follow our dreams.

Thank You for Following our Blog.

Thank You for following this Blog

Thursday, June 15, 2023

Got’er Done, Lending A Hand and Tornadoes.

 Our Location today is Windsor, Ontario.

Click on the pictures to enlarge.

As a precaution, in case something were to go terribly wrong on the Feedscrew I was going to weld, I went in for 5:00 this morning. What did surprise me, was that Mile pulled into the lot seconds after I did and then his Key would not work on the Shop Door. (Bad Omen?) He went through the Office to let me in.

I’m certain he wasn’t surprised when he heard the roar of the Burners before my official start time. To use up the time it took for the Unit to come up to temperature, besides the usual prep work, I needed to switch out the Argon Cylinder that was MT. I also moved the Screw I had welded on Tuesday from the Sandbox over to the Straightening Press. When shafts are welded, they can warp and need to be realigned before any grinding or machining can take place.

It was 6:20 when the “Begin to Weld” button was hit and things were going well until Mile said the Weld was too wide. He feels that it should just melt the edge of the Channel without going over it. That is a recipe for disaster and as soon as Lead Machinist Jovo saw that, had me make it wider that I originally had it. The touch-up today was on the section that Mile had me reduce the width.

On larger jobs like this one, you go through a lot of Argon and since our Tank was Empty, a Second Cylinder was needed to finish this Unit. The job was in the Sandbox by the time I went for lunch. It felt good talking with Kathy. She was having a slow day.

I had the chance to do a quick clean up, before helping to move Raw Stock with the Crane. We had Twelve Shafts come in today and are expecting Eight more in the morning, with quotes being given on more jobs to come.

After stopping at Motor City Community Credit Union to deposit my Cheque, I swung around to Health First Pharmacy to get the Prescriptions that our Family Doctor wrote for me. Luckily I missed most of the traffic congestion we ran into yesterday.

It was only 4:30 when I walked into the Apartment. As we were talking Heavy Black Clouds started to fill the sky. In the distance we could hear lots of Thunder, but we didn’t get any Rain even though Detroit was getting hit quite badly.

The 6 o’clock Local News was showing devastation from Tornadoes in the Southern States. They also noted a lot of those kinds of Cells not too far away.

We shared a Store-Bought Thin-Crust Chicken Pizza for our supper.

Thankfully tomorrow is Friday.

Thanks for following along and feel free to leave a comment, unless it personally attacks someone for their opinion, or is Spam.

Be Safe and Enjoy!

It’s about time.

Krackers

You Might Be a Redneck If

You use a pig for a garbage disposal.

No comments:

Post a Comment