It's about time.

Many of you can relate to Working long hours at your career. Raising your families. Buying a home and paying all the bills related to being homeowners and parents. We're now retired and don't need all that work and expense. Now "It's about time" and what we do to follow our dreams.

Thank You for Following our Blog.

Thank You for following this Blog

Friday, June 30, 2023

Error and Special Celebration.

 Our Location today is Windsor, Ontario.

Click on the pictures to enlarge.

After accomplishing the Fifteen Foot Feedscrew on Thursday, Mile asked that I come in early today. The reason was to accomplishing its twin, even if there were delays.

Everything was running smoothly until I went to line up the Torch to begin welding. Suddenly an Oscillation Error appears telling me the Torch was beyond its limit. After many failed adjustments, the only thing I could try was to shut the entire system down. Giving it time to wake up, it would take Three such shut downs, before the Error notice disappeared. Mile couldn’t believe how I tricked it.

The game was not over though because the PTA Computer still wanted to have some control. The measurement for the Oscillation Beam begins from the Left. The Readout showed the Torch was Eight Inches from the Left, when it was only an Inch away.

Luckily when I finally hit the “Begin to Weld” button every drop of Hard Surfacing Material went where it was supposed to, with very little adjustments. I would finish burying the Screw in the Sandbox, just as the Buzzer for lunch went off.

When I called Kathy, I could sense that she was smiling. When she got up this morning she found a little Surprise that I had left for her.

I was in the process of setting up the next Feedscrew to be welded, when Mile came around to tell me, we are off on Monday. Since Canada Day, July 1st this year, falls on Saturday, (tomorrow) many businesses, especially manufacturers will have Monday off. That means we go back to work on July 4th. It will work better with our US Customers.

With the High Humidex of 104 F (40 C) and most of the jobs completed everyone, including Mile started leaving early. Since I had started early, I still worked over Eight Hours and left at 3:00.

I picked up a couple of Pineapple Mango Smoothies on my way home. Kathy enjoy every drop. It helped me cool down before heading for a shower.

It was after 5:00, when we headed out the door. We used the AC in the Car to keep cool. We headed out to the Branch 594 Canadian Legion. We were helping to support the Veterans by buying Fish and Chips, along with Celebrating. It was Twenty-Two Years ago that Kathy and I were married. We’ve both endured hardships in our lives but together, we can conquer them all. It was a Wonderful Wedding Anniversary.

Thanks for following along and feel free to leave a comment, unless it personally attacks someone for their opinion, or is Spam.

Be Safe and Enjoy!

It’s about time.

Krackers

Words of Inspiration

You are the one that possesses the keys to your being. You carry the passport to your own happiness.

Diane Von Furstenberg, Belgian Fashion Designer.

8 comments:

  1. Happy aniversary. Hope you have many more happy ones.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Anniversary to the both of you, Kathy and Rick.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy anniversary. Hope the fish and chips we're good?
    Stay cool.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hope you had a wonderful anniversary!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Got to this post late but nevertheless...Happy Belated Anniversary!

    ReplyDelete