It's about time.

Many of you can relate to Working long hours at your career. Raising your families. Buying a home and paying all the bills related to being homeowners and parents. We're now retired and don't need all that work and expense. Now "It's about time" and what we do to follow our dreams.

Thank You for Following our Blog.

Thank You for following this Blog

Tuesday, June 20, 2023

Another One Down and Over Tired.

 Our Location today is Windsor, Ontario.

Click on the pictures to enlarge.

Since I’ve often mentioned that it takes longer to weld a Rebuild Feedscrew than a New Unit, and I already knew what I’d be working on today. Another thing I hate giving up is my time in the sun with Kathy, I prefer going in early while she is still sleeping.

Again Mile arrived at the Plant later than I did this morning. As soon as I’d changed, I got down to business. Since I already had the Base Coats applied I knew that it wouldn’t take as long to get the Screw up to temperature, and had started the welding process before 6:00. Even though I already had enough material built up in the First Zone, Mile thought that I should add “More” to the one edge. That would add another Three Hours to the job.

We live in an area surrounded by the Great Lakes. Unlike the desert this area is very Humid. With the Burner only Three Feet from me, and the Doors closed so as not to cool the Feedscrew or blow away the Argon Gas, I could feel the sweat running down my back by 6:30 and it didn’t stop for the rest of the day.

I spoke with Kathy during my lunch break while monitoring the PTA. I suggested that I might be late, heading for home and I was right.

Machinists were wanting to show me jobs they needed welded, but could only tell me, because Mile had said I was not to be interrupted. The Unit was in the Sandbox by 4:00. Mile gave me a Thumbs Up when I told him it was finished. I also mentioned, I was not coming in before 7:00 tomorrow morning.

Normally the heat does not bother me, but today I needed to run the AC in the Truck, so I would stay awake, while driving home. I had barely sat down in the Apartment, talking with Kathy when my eyes closed for a Half Hour.


We enjoyed a Store-Bought Thin-Crust Medium Vegetarian Pizza for supper while we watched the 6 o’clock Local News. Tomorrow will be the first full day of Summer but the temperature says it’s already here.

Thanks for following along and feel free to leave a comment, unless it personally attacks someone for their opinion, or is Spam.

Be Safe and Enjoy!

It’s about time.

Krackers

Want to hear a roof joke?

The first one’s on the house.

No comments:

Post a Comment