It's about time.

Many of you can relate to Working long hours at your career. Raising your families. Buying a home and paying all the bills related to being homeowners and parents. We're now retired and don't need all that work and expense. Now "It's about time" and what we do to follow our dreams.

Thank You for Following our Blog.

Thank You for following this Blog

Tuesday, June 13, 2023

Complicated Mixer and Missing The Storm.

 Our Location today is Windsor, Ontario.

Click on the pictures to enlarge.

Due to the size of the Feedscrew I had to work on this morning, my day started quite early. It also meant that the first thing I did after putting my Coveralls on was to get Two Burners going, in order to get the Unit up to Temperature. The Temperature has to be spread ahead of where the actual welding will take place, so the Burners have to be moved continually times.

There is no such thing as waiting for that to happen, because there are other things you need to get ready for later. One, was to make certain the Torch was clean and functional. Second, was to fill the Bin with the Hard Surfacing Material to be used. Third, was to create a trough in the Sandbox where the completed Screw would be store, to slow cool. Lastly, when there was enough of the Feedscrew ready to weld, it was time to close up the Welding Curtains to protect others from possible Welding Flash.

A quick double check, that the Torch was going to follow the Programmed Numbers, before the “Begin to Weld” button was pushed. Within the first rotation of the Screw it was noted, not enough Powder was being applied, even though that same application was too much for Larger Units in the past. A quick adjustment, accomplished what was needed. We waited until the First Zone was completed, before doing the Touch-Ups. Even though the PTA was functioning reasonably well, there was still a constant centering that needed to be done.

What worried most of the Machinist on the floor, was the Complicated Mixer on this Feedscrew. The Flights basically Crossed over themselves many times.

I managed to call Kathy during my Lunch, while monitoring the progress of the PTA.

It was after 2:00 when I covered the Twenty-Three Foot Unit in the Sandbox, to slowly cool. Before that was finished I was already being shown another Touch-Up that I fixed with the TIG Welder.

I was surprised to see puddles in the lot when I was leaving at 3:30, after an Eleven Hour Day. They were not there before 5:00 when I arrived. As I got closer to home the sound of distant Thunder. I said a silent prayer, not to get too wet as I hobbled in from the Truck.

I just got inside the Apartment when the Torrential Rain started coming down. The sound was so relaxing, both Kathy and I had a lengthy Snap listening to it.

While the Thunder and Lightning continued we made Veggie Wraps from the Leftover Stir-Fry for supper. We also shared an Orange and the Leftover Vanilla Cake for dessert.

Thanks for following along and feel free to leave a comment, unless it personally attacks someone for their opinion, or is Spam.

Be Safe and Enjoy!

It’s about time.

Krackers

Words of Inspiration

Only those who dare to fail greatly can ever achieve greatly.

Robert F. Kennedy, 64th United States Attorney General

No comments:

Post a Comment