It's about time.

Many of you can relate to Working long hours at your career. Raising your families. Buying a home and paying all the bills related to being homeowners and parents. We're now retired and don't need all that work and expense. Now "It's about time" and what we do to follow our dreams.

Thank You for Following our Blog.

Thank You for following this Blog

Sunday, June 4, 2023

Getting Back On Track and More Changes.

 Our Location today is Windsor, Ontario.

Click on the pictures to enlarge.

I told Kathy before we went to bed last night, that I might be gone in the morning. I never set the Alarm, but I woke every Two Hours anyways, so when I saw it was past 6:00 this morning, I got up.

Grabbing a Trail Bar for a snack I was soon out the door. When a Chiropractor tells you that moderate exercise could ease your Pain, you listen. I arrived at Planet Fitness and was starting my Cardio workout before 7:00. Using the Recumbent Bike at half the intensity I normally use, for half the time, seemed to help straighten things around.

I didn’t even go near the Free Weights, instead I worked mostly the Resistance Machines. Again, everything was at lower numbers then I usually push, but I figure less is better than nothing at all. Also if the problem requires surgery, I’ll need exercises to stay fit that won’t cause excessive pressure on the incision.

I was home around 9:30 to find Kathy already at her Computer. I was walking nearly normal, with no Pain, only an Ache. When I joined her at the Computer, my eyes kept closing, making it difficult to read Blogs.

For lunch we had a Veggie Omelette, using the Leftover Stir-Fry from last night. Kathy dished out some fresh cut Pineapple from yesterday, for our dessert.

Once the Dishes were all cleaned and put away, we did a quick inventory of what we had in the Refrigerator and the Cupboards. Today, we were only focusing on the must haves, because we want to use up what is in the Freezer before restocking it.

While in the process of getting ready to leave, I pointed out another option to add to our Trailer, as a way of making it more comfortable, especially when we are “Off the Grid”. Fortunately, this Ceiling Vent Fan, does not go “On Sale” at Princess Auto until this coming Tuesday. It is priced lower than we paid in the US, and it fits under Vent Covers.

Since they close at 6:00 on Sundays, we stopped at the Dollarama nearest our building to pick up a few Healthy Snacks. They had the ones that Kathy likes but not mine. So we headed to the one closest the grocery store. They had my snacks but not Kathy’s. That’s what you get when the stores are independently owned, even though they are part of a chain.

At Guardian Storage we first went to the Storage Unit to bring some cleaning clothes to the Trailer. At the Trailer we were reminded to keep the Ceiling Vents, slightly open under the Covers. When we first walked in, it felt like the heat was on. Even after opening windows the temperature didn’t drop until the Vents were opened. We spent nearly Two Hours getting things better organized, but with Kathy’s shortness of breathe, called it a day early.

The experts say never to shop on an empty stomach, so we headed to Wendy’s for Supper. Immediately after, we headed to the Zehr’s grocery store where we picked up our Dairy products and Produce.

We had a full Two Wheel Shopping Cart to bring everything up to the Apartment.

Tomorrow will be back to the old grind. Hopefully it won’t be too bad, and my leg doesn’t act up.

Thanks for following along and feel free to leave a comment, unless it personally attacks someone for their opinion, or is Spam.

Be Safe and Enjoy!

It’s about time.

Krackers

Who can shave ten times a day and still have a beard?


A barber!

1 comment:

  1. You all got a lot done today. I hope you can better manage your pain with the workout you did.

    Yeap, they say to "never shop on an empty stomach" but I am hard-headed and have yet to learn my lesson :-(

    ReplyDelete