It's about time.

Many of you can relate to Working long hours at your career. Raising your families. Buying a home and paying all the bills related to being homeowners and parents. We're now retired and don't need all that work and expense. Now "It's about time" and what we do to follow our dreams.

Thank You for Following our Blog.

Thank You for following this Blog

Monday, June 26, 2023

Wet Day, Repeat and Trying To Solve URL Problem.

 Our Location today is Windsor, Ontario.

Click on the pictures to enlarge.

Loaded down with my clean Coveralls, Lunchbag and Coffee, I was not surprised when it started Raining as soon as I hobbled out of the building. One way or another I’d eventually dry off. Traffic flowed fairly easy, so I was at the Plant in the usual Twenty Minutes. The Rain would continue, on and off the entire day.

The Feedscrew that had me hating the word “More” was being loaded by the CNC Mill Machinist when I arrived. He starts at 6:00 every morning. The only thing I could do was start the last Rebuild Unit that was on the Rack. I mentioned last week that it is only Nine Feet Long, with Three Consecutive Zones, but since it is Nitrated (A Hardening Process) it would require a Stainless Steel Base with a Colmonoy Hard Surfacing.

Due to this being a Rebuild it would take multi-layering, one pass after another to build it up to a machinable height. After first doing the Stainless Steel, then switching the Powder Bins before cleaning the already plugged Torch was necessary. Once the Colmonoy was started, each pass was completed in Seventy-Five Minutes.

I spent my lunch break monitoring the PTA and talking to Kathy. Since the Rain was a bit intense at times, she chose to stay home where it was Safer.

When I buried the Rebuild in the Sandbox at 3:30, but it was still not finished after applying Six Layers of Hard-Surfacing Material.

I was lucky enough to find a parking spot directly in front of Wyandotte Chiropractic Center, which meant I didn’t get as wet waddling in. A few new things were tried today as well as assigning me with more Home Exercises to help get me through this. One suggestion was to wear the Hernia Belt that I stopped wearing the day of my first appointment. It will help to keep the Hip in the Socket which should ease even more Pain.

Since Kathy had stayed in for the day, I stopped at the Zehr’s grocery store to pick up a few things we no longer had.

Half way between the Truck and our Building the Rain again intensified. Of course my hands were full, so I would not expect anything less.

Kathy helped to put things away, while I started cooking our Store-Bought Thin-Crust Spinach Pizza for our supper.

It was and still is Raining at the time of this posting.

The 6 o’clock Local News said Environment Canada was evaluating damage on the West Side of Windsor as potential Tornado damage. We can expect this kind of weather for the next week.

I spent nearly an Hour trying to get the new URL to Travels With The Bayfield Bunch to work on our Sidebar. It just would not connect, but I was able to find them on Google by adding the word Blog to their name, they came up.

Thanks for following along and feel free to leave a comment, unless it personally attacks someone for their opinion, or is Spam.

Be Safe and Enjoy!

It’s about time.

Krackers

3.14 percent of sailors are pi rates!

1 comment:

  1. The Windsor and surrounding areas sure got a lot of water in the last few days. Of course you had to get wet when coming home with your hands full! Murphy's Law ;-)

    ReplyDelete