It's about time.

Many of you can relate to Working long hours at your career. Raising your families. Buying a home and paying all the bills related to being homeowners and parents. We're now retired and don't need all that work and expense. Now "It's about time" and what we do to follow our dreams.

Thank You for Following our Blog.

Thank You for following this Blog

Friday, June 9, 2023

Not An Arc and Lending A Hand.

 Our Location today is Windsor, Ontario.

Click on the pictures to enlarge.

It seemed strange that I was struggling to get out of bed this morning. It could have been because I didn’t take any Tylenol before going to bed last night. The only thing that could be done was to add them to my breakfast and hope they would kick in sooner than later.

After checking in with Mile, I had to hunt around for things to do. There were no New Feedscrews, no Touch-Ups nor any Repairs to be welded. I started by cleaning around the PTA that had only been used once in the last Ten Days. I took inventory of welding supplies along with changing filters.

I called Kathy at my first break today, because she had an appointment at Hearing Life for her Hearing Aides during my lunchtime break. It ended up where the appointment needed to be rescheduled for a later date.

When I am busy I can focus on the task at hand to lessen the Pain that can be debilitating at times. Seeing the Magnetic Floor Sweeper still in pieces, helped to occupy my time. The way those things are made so cheaply is amazing and I would end up tearing it further apart, before reconstructing it. The design is so that once they are apart, you will never get them back together. Using my imagination and a fair amount of Electrical Tape, I was able to insulate the metal nuts from the magnets. By doing so, they stayed in the position that they needed to stay. The reassembly was a success. Mile thought he needed to buy another sweeper and scrap that one.

It was lunch by then and the Pain was again increasing. I was about to go home when Vic needed a hand to package and crate a finished Unit that had to be shipped to the Customer today. By the time it was moved to the Shipping Door, I had caught my second wind.

Then I spotted Wayne trying to move a Twenty-One Foot Rod from the Lathe to the Straightening Press. It was more that a Half Inch out of line. Again my preoccupation numbed the Pain I was feeling. Seeing the Press bend that Rod more than a Foot, only to have it spring back to nearly where it started was unbelievable. When 3:30 came we agreed to try again on Monday.

There were plenty of Rush-Hour Slowdowns but for some reason I was home shortly after 4:00. Of course the moment I sat down in my recliner the Pain disappeared behind my closed Eyes.

When I opened them again, Kathy was serving Macaroni and Cheese for supper along with a slice of Tuxedo Cake.

According to the 6 o’clock Local News the Haze caused by the Canadian Wildfires, helped to lower our temperatures. The Wind is slowly moving the smoke over the Atlantic Ocean at this time.

We’ll see what the weekend brings tomorrow.

Thanks for following along and feel free to leave a comment, unless it personally attacks someone for their opinion, or is Spam.

Be Safe and Enjoy!

It’s about time.

Krackers

Words of Inspiration

Standards of beauty are arbitrary. Body shame exists only to the extent that our physiques don't match our own beliefs about how we should look.

Martha Beck, Author

No comments:

Post a Comment