It's about time.

Many of you can relate to Working long hours at your career. Raising your families. Buying a home and paying all the bills related to being homeowners and parents. We're now retired and don't need all that work and expense. Now "It's about time" and what we do to follow our dreams.

Thank You for Following our Blog.

Thank You for following this Blog

Thursday, June 8, 2023

Touch-Ups and Referral Made.

 Our Location today is Windsor, Ontario.

Click on the pictures to enlarge.

There was less Smokey Haze filling the sky this morning when I went to work, but the Sun still resembled a giant Orange every time I was facing it.

There were no surprises as far as to which Feedscrew I’d be working on to start my day. The bad thing about that particular Unit was Nitrated for Surface Hardening. That makes it very porous when welding, requiring me to blend the metal as many as Four Times before there were no Pinholes. Before packing it over to the Straightening Press, I had Mile confirm that there was enough material. He still pointed to a few places he felt needed (but they didn’t) “More” metal. I simply smoothed the weld with the TIG and he was satisfied.

There were Two other Screws that also needed my attention before lunch. Together I spent Ten Minutes touching them up.

When I spoke with Kathy at lunch, she was busy making Homemade Chicken Noodle Soup, using up Leftovers that were taking up room in the Fridge.

The company truck was being loaded for another run to Oakville tomorrow morning for Units to be chromed. One of those was done on Tuesday and but was damaged while getting chromed. It took Four Hours for me to repair yesterday and Two Hours grinding today.

The Feedscrew with the Ten Inch Bearing I welded on Tuesday needed a touch-up but not where I had previously welded it. I wish people would be more careful when handling these things it weighs over Three Thousand Pounds.

After stopping at the Bank on my way home my leg was again reminding me that all was not well. When I sat down in my recliner, it felt like Seconds, but was actually an Hour, that Kathy was telling me supper was ready. Along with the Homemade Chicken Noodle Soup she also had Homemade Cheddar Biscuits. That was more than filling.

Besides making the Soup today, Kathy had gotten a call from the Windsor Heart Institute, confirming her Referral with the London Hospital for the Heart Ablation. She was also told, “Don’t call them, they’ll call you.” Later she also spoke to our dear friend Vera for nearly an Hour.

The 6 o’clock Local News didn’t tell us anything we didn’t already know.

Thanks for following along and feel free to leave a comment, unless it personally attacks someone for their opinion, or is Spam.

Be Safe and Enjoy!

It’s about time.

Krackers

What’s taken before you get it?


A picture!

2 comments:

  1. You might want to consider getting an inversion machine. I have a similar problem to yours, though not so severe now, in that a bit if the cushioning between one of my lower vertebrae occasionally protrudes a little and pushes on the sciatic nerve, giving all sorts of different pain. This can last for days, and only goes away when the little protrusion recedes and is not pressing on the nerve.

    What works for me when I get a little pain (after doing something or lifting something I shouldn't do) is to go on the inversion machine for a few 5 minute sessions and this works wonders. I have no medical training whatsoever, but I think it stretches out the vertebrae just enough for that little protrusion of material to slip back into between the vertebrae where it belongs and the pain goes away because the sciate nerve is not being agitated.

    I have no proof of this medically, but it sure works for me. At about $150 for the maching, is sure is a cost effective fix. Hope this may eventually help you.

    If if does, let me know here. At the least, it can't hurt.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your working chores are sure interesting. As is the case often in companies, the boss has a different idea than you do, but as long as you get paid, it doesn't matter.

    ReplyDelete