It's about time.

Many of you can relate to Working long hours at your career. Raising your families. Buying a home and paying all the bills related to being homeowners and parents. We're now retired and don't need all that work and expense. Now "It's about time" and what we do to follow our dreams.

Thank You for Following our Blog.

Thank You for following this Blog

Monday, June 12, 2023

PTA Challenges, Getting Straightened Out and Comparing Problems.

 Our Location today is Windsor, Ontario.

Click on the pictures to enlarge.

As I had hoped for in last night’s Blog, today would be a better day. Using the extra pillow under my leg, eased a lot of the unnecessary Pain I’ve been having at night. As stated in the Comments, being in constant Pain does wear you down.

When it came to work today, every time that I went to use the Crane to move Feedscrews, someone always seemed to be jumping in to help. The fact that I was struggling to walk was rather noticeable. All the TIG Welding I did today, was while I sat on a stool, which took a lot of pressure off my Hip.

I happened to hear that the next Unit I would be welding on the Plasma Transfer Arc was just about ready for me on the CNC Mill. Since there were no other jobs to do at the time, I got the Blueprint and started entering the numbers that will be needed when the welding process begins.

I spoke to Kathy at lunch. She was experiencing Shortness of Breathe which was part of the reason for seeing her Cardiologist. I reminded her of my appointment this afternoon.

As I was putting my Lunchbag away the CNC Mill Operator told me he was nearly finished the Unit he was channelling. He then asked if I wanted to mount it today.

Twenty Minutes later I was starting to do Test Runs, to be certain the PTA would follow instructions. It Failed Miserably. I restarted the entire system Seven Times before signalling Mile over. The PTA Computer kept changing the Carriage Speed. We brought Vic the Inspector, who I’ve been training as a back up, over to help diagnose the problem. We did Three more systems reboot before the Torch started following the assigned course. Mile breathed a sigh of relief knowing that it will work. I looked at the Clock and it was already 3:25, and I had to go.

With the Construction Season in full swing and more detours happening throughout the City, I still managed to make it to Wyandotte Chiropractic Center on time for my appointment. Normally my appointments are on Wednesdays but this week and the 28th would not work so for now Mondays will work. As soon as Richard saw me he knew I was in Pain, but with the use of his Mechanical Table along with the pulling and prodding, I was walking quite normally when I left.

I asked what he thought about a Hip Replacement and he responded that it was not out of the question, but in the meantime he would try to keep me mobile.

When I got home Kathy was making Open-Faced Manwiches for supper. It has been a long while and I had been having cravings.

I was busy writing the Blog when our good friend Gerry called. We have RVed with him and Sandy a number of times and they read our Blog. Gerry was calling to compare notes on my Hip Problem because he has had the same thing going. He has been dealing with his for nearly Two Years and is still waiting for a Surgery Date. Our Health Care System needs improvement.

We’ll see how things work out tomorrow.

Thanks for following along and feel free to leave a comment, unless it personally attacks someone for their opinion, or is Spam.

Be Safe and Enjoy!

It’s about time.

Krackers

What did the tailor think of the new job?


It was sew-sew.

1 comment: