It's about time.

Many of you can relate to Working long hours at your career. Raising your families. Buying a home and paying all the bills related to being homeowners and parents. We're now retired and don't need all that work and expense. Now "It's about time" and what we do to follow our dreams.

Thank You for Following our Blog.

Thank You for following this Blog

Wednesday, June 14, 2023

Progress and Delayes.

 Our Location today is Windsor, Ontario.

Click on the pictures to enlarge.

It felt good getting back to a normal workweek wake up time. I felt totally refreshed and everything was going well until I noticed the “Low Fuel” reading on the Truck. Prices have really gone down, so I was again feeling good.

At the Plant I reminded Mile about my appointment, and that I would be leaving early.

It took nearly Three Hours filling the Notches on a Nitrated Rebuild, so that when I run the Hard Surfacing Powder there will be far less Pinholes to touch-up. I was about to do the Notches on a second Nitrated Rebuild, when I was told the Tag had not been installed and that it was hours from being shipped to the customer. Good thing I had not started with that one first.

I had to borrow Vic’s Phone again after leaving mine plugged in at home for the second time in Two Weeks. Kathy didn’t see my Phone until she heard it ringing. Think I’ll have to put a trip wire, so I don’t leave home without it.

Unexpectedly, the Machinists on the afternoon shift had started channelling the second Feedscrew last night, and day shift finished it while I worked on the Rebuild. That turned into my next job of the day, mounting it in the PTA, then checking on the program.

Since there were no other repairs needed today and my Hip was really hurting, I told Mile I would leave early. He asked that I come in early again. If everything goes properly, I can leave early, but if it doesn’t, I can still get the job done at a reasonable hour. I left at 12:01.

After parking the Truck, I met Kathy at the Car in the lot. The first thing we did was to use a Coupon at Taco Bell for lunch. We had the chance to catch up on what we had both been doing before driving the Block to our Doctor’s Office. Even though we were early we saw him an Hour after our appointed time. George takes the time to review all Test Results, and discusses Treatment options, unlike other Doctors we have seen that try to cure you with a Five Minute checkup.

He guaranteed that Kathy will have a noticeable improvement by having the Ablation. He is now sending me for a Cat-Scan to get a clearer look at my Hip. However, in order to do that I had to go have Blood Test done first. I didn’t think one was necessary for the other.

With all the Rush-Hour Traffic, around all the Detours due to Road Construction, getting from one to the other was a hassle. But when I walked into Dyna-Care for the Blood Test, the place was nearly empty.

I still needed to get to the Pharmacy, but with even more delays, did not get there until after they were closed.

We slipped over to Arby’s where we again use a Coupon for supper.

We struggled to keep our eyes open while watching the 6 o’clock Local News until they started talking about someone having to be rescued at Guardian Storage. The person, somehow got his foot caught in his RV Ladder and fell over, hanging from his leg, until being rescued by EMS.

We’ll see what tomorrow brings.

Thanks for following along and feel free to leave a comment, unless it personally attacks someone for their opinion, or is Spam.

Be Safe and Enjoy!

It’s about time.

Krackers

Did you hear about the monster with five legs?


Its trousers fit like a glove.

1 comment:

  1. Never fear Kathy... Doug has had the ablation procedure too. You are in good company! It worked really well for his A-Fib.

    ReplyDelete