It's about time.

Many of you can relate to Working long hours at your career. Raising your families. Buying a home and paying all the bills related to being homeowners and parents. We're now retired and don't need all that work and expense. Now "It's about time" and what we do to follow our dreams.

Thank You for Following our Blog.

Thank You for following this Blog

Monday, June 19, 2023

Overwhelmed Doctor.

 Our Location today is Windsor, Ontario.

Click on the pictures to enlarge.

Mile was glad to see that I kept my word about starting early. I was surprised that he got to the Plant before I did this morning.

It didn’t take long before I’d dug the Rebuild out of the Sandbox and had it warming up on the PTA. As typical I went about cleaning the Torch only to hit a Roadblock. Actually it was a blocked Orifice that just would not clean up. Doing the only thing that would fix the problem, I had to tear the Torch apart to replace the Orifice. Even though the Cooler had not been turned on there was a lot of Coolant that leaked out. I had the chance to move the Burner numerous times before adding the Hard Surfacing Powder, then running a Test to be certain the Torch would follow the necessary path.

I’ve mentioned several times that it is easier and faster to weld a New Feedscrew on the PTA, then it is to do a Rebuild and that was what was on today’s agenda. Rebuilding the Flights on a Screw has to be done in multiple layers, before it is ground to the Finished Size. The problem with using Powder as a welding material is the Torch is not always consistent with the Powder you want to apply. It is not until after you complete the Pass that you see low spots where the application was less then the rest of the Flight. You then have to do Touch-Ups before continuing with the next layer. Zone 1, should have taken Seven Hours for Three Layers but took nearly Nine Hours to complete. The First Layer on Zone 2, only took Ninety-Three Minutes.

I spoke with Kathy at lunch. She explained her Rheumatoid Arthritis in her Left Hand was so bad she was in Agony. I knew I couldn’t help so told her to go to the nearby Walk-In Clinic not far from our address. When she walked in the place was packed. As she approached the desk she bumped into the Overwhelmed Doctor, who simply said “What’s your problem?”. Apparently, he had not had a break since he walked in, in the morning. When Kathy held up her Hand, the swelling was hard to miss. He wrote her a Prescription, then moved on to one of the Examination Rooms without another word. She was at our Pharmacy before realizing she had not even signed in at the Clinic, nor had they taken her Health Card Number. By the time she got back to the Apartment, she had a Snap on the bed.

Spring Temperatures

The reason I didn’t finish that Feedscrew today was that I had an appointment at Wyandotte Chiropractic Center. It was a relief just to be on the table, but at one point I actually let out a yelp from the Pain of the manipulation. Surprisingly I was again walking the way I should, when I left.

For supper we finished the Leftover Stir-Fry in the form of Veggie Wraps. Hopefully tomorrow will be a better day, for the both of us.

Thanks for following along and feel free to leave a comment, unless it personally attacks someone for their opinion, or is Spam.

Be Safe and Enjoy!

It’s about time.

Krackers

You Might Be a Redneck If

You complain about the ban on assault weapons because it makes half your guns illegal.

No comments:

Post a Comment