It's about time.

Many of you can relate to Working long hours at your career. Raising your families. Buying a home and paying all the bills related to being homeowners and parents. We're now retired and don't need all that work and expense. Now "It's about time" and what we do to follow our dreams.

Thank You for Following our Blog.

Thank You for following this Blog

Thursday, June 22, 2023

Restfull Night and More Than Expected.

 Our Location today is Windsor, Ontario.

Click on the pictures to enlarge.

Something I have learned over the years, is that when a Prescribed Medication does not give you the relief needed, that mixing that with an over the counter med, works a bit better. I call those Cocktails and the one used last night did a better job than most. What works for me might not work for someone else. I also don’t overdo the dosage, so I don’t have an Overdose Problem.

Besides the Medication, I found the need to have the Bedroom Window totally open. It cooled the room perfectly. I also used a different style of support Pillow between my Legs. It eased the pressure in my Hips and surprisingly I remained on my back the entire night, which I have not done for years.

When I got to work, I immediately continued working on thee Feedscrew that had suffered a Severe Machining Oops. Unfortunately, I had to shut that down and with help move the TIG Welder, closer to the Polishing Machine. There were Three Blemishes on a Screw that was being prepped for Chroming, and it had to be perfect. After Five Minutes Welding it was time to go back to the Oops job.

The experts in the field of Feedscrews had marked the Damaged Secondary Flight where they wanted me to rebuild. I was nearly finished until I double checked the thickness using a Vernier. The part I had just rebuilt had plenty of Material, but an Inch away I could visibly see more of the same problem.

Seeing Mile coming from the Office, I raised one finger and tapped on my glasses, an indication I wanted him to look at the job. I showed him what had been marked and he was happy with the result. I then rotated the Unit and put the Vernier next to it. I showed him where it started and ended. He agreed it had to be welded.

Fortunately, it was not as deep as the first problem, but was twice the length. Kathy understood when I explained at lunchtime, I’d be late getting home. It was past 6:00 when I punched out.

I stopped at Shoppers Drug Mart to take advantage of the 20% Seniors Discounts given every Thursday, before going to Taco Bell and using a Coupon to buy our supper. I walked in the Apartment just as the 6 o’clock Local News was ending.

Thanks for following along and feel free to leave a comment, unless it personally attacks someone for their opinion, or is Spam.

Be Safe and Enjoy!

It’s about time.

Krackers

It’s always windy in a sports arena. All those fans.

No comments:

Post a Comment