It's about time.

Many of you can relate to Working long hours at your career. Raising your families. Buying a home and paying all the bills related to being homeowners and parents. We're now retired and don't need all that work and expense. Now "It's about time" and what we do to follow our dreams.

Thank You for Following our Blog.

Thank You for following this Blog

Friday, June 23, 2023

A Four Letter Word.

 Our Location today is Windsor, Ontario.

Click on the pictures to enlarge.

Even though I didn’t sleep as soundly as I did last night it was still better than the last couple of weeks.

Most of us have a Four Letter Word that we consider offensive but how many would consider the word “More” to fall into that category. When I walked in this morning to see the Feedscrew that I’ve been repairing after a Major Machining Oops still on the Inspection Bench, I went to check it out. I could see nothing wrong with it, but before I could move it Mile was there telling me “More”.

The repair was being made to the Secondary Flight that sits .06 of an Inch lower that the Main Flight. I had already built it up .09 of an Inch above the height of the Main Flight. The Secondary Flight is only .25 Inch wide, where the Main Flight is .625 Inch wide. I had exceeded both the Main Flight dimensions but they wanted “More”.

Three Hours later Mile asked why it was taking so long to weld. When I explained that the “More Height and “MoreWidth that was added, needed “MoreArgon, “MoreFiller Rod and “MoreTime to make it happen, one drop of metal at a time, without any Pinholes. His response was just get it welded.

Kathy could hear the frustration in my voice when I spoke to her at lunch.

The Feedscrew had cooled somewhat during my break and Mile was already bringing it to the Straightening Press. I busied myself adding lugs to freshly cleaned shafts and was in the process of placing them on the machining rack when Mile called me over.

The Feedscrew had already been cleaned on the OD Grinder. Even though the Secondary Flight was still the same Height as the Main Flight, the now extra wide Flights had a slight radius to the edges and he wanted “More” weld on the edges. I tried explaining the sides still needed to be square in the CNC Mill, but he still insisted on “More”.

For a Quarter Inch wide Flight that was already Three Quarters of an Inch wide, the Khalin the Machinist insisted at 3:30, I needed to weld “More”.

I used a different Four Letter Word that caught Vinnie the Engineer’s attention. He agreed with me that there was already too much material and he would talk to Mile.

I picked up a couple of Salads at Wendy’s for our supper on the way home.

To smooth things out tonight, I’ll try to get “More” sleep.

Thanks for following along and feel free to leave a comment, unless it personally attacks someone for their opinion, or is Spam.

Be Safe and Enjoy!

It’s about time.

Krackers

You Might Be a Redneck If

On your first date, you had to ask your Dad to borrow the keys to the tractor.

No comments:

Post a Comment