It's about time.

Many of you can relate to Working long hours at your career. Raising your families. Buying a home and paying all the bills related to being homeowners and parents. We're now retired and don't need all that work and expense. Now "It's about time" and what we do to follow our dreams.

Thank You for Following our Blog.

Thank You for following this Blog

Tuesday, February 20, 2024

143rd and Comments Answered.

 Our Location today is Windsor, Ontario.

Click on the pictures to enlarge.

Well that was a change. Last night both Kathy and I slept like a couple of rocks, only remembering our heads hitting the pillows, before the Sun peeking around our Blinds this morning.

It was a busy morning that didn’t give us much time to sit around. After checking what was necessary on the Computers, we were out the door by 11:00.

Long-Time Readers will remember that I was a regular Blood Donor. All that changed last July when the Canadian Blood Services, closed the local unit. Last December a more modern facility opened at the Roundhouse Center. Then with everything else that has been happening, I never returned.

Last night I took Two Extra Strength Tylenol as a Nighttime Mickey to sleep. Apparently Tylenol does not affect the quality of Blood.

The big difference at this Donation Center is, they don’t take Whole Blood. The old way was, in Thirty Minutes we were headed out to have supper, now it takes nearly an Hour. The process is similar to a using a Dialysis Machine, that processes your Blood, takes the Platelets, and gives you back the Blood Cells. If I felt better, with this process, I could actually donate every Week. Too much for me.

This gave me the chance to get questions answered. First, once I have a Surgery Date, I should not donate for at least a Month before and at least a Year after, depending on whether I receive any Blood Products. Today I officially made my 143rd Blood Donation.

Kathy and I stopped at Pita Pit for a very late lunch. There are three locations in our area and each one has a different day of the week that they offer $7.00 Pitas or Salads. Either way they are a healthy version of fast food.

Next we stopped at the Metro grocery store. They were having a Sale on our favourite brand of Soup. When we save 49% off Regular Price, we stock up. The only problem was they limit the variety.

Answering some of yesterday’s Comments. As part of my Retirement Package, we have excellent Out of Province Coverage. The downside is, if it is not a Life or Death Situation, the Insurer will pay to have us transported back to Ontario for treatment. If we insist on staying put, we pay the entire bill “Out of Pocket”. Going out of town for treatment involves going through the same tests I’ve already done, just for a different Doctor. It would also involve finding temporary lodging and Kathy is not into long distance driving. After a Hip or Knee Replacement our Drivers Licenses are Suspended for Six Weeks. I’ll be making a visit to the New Surgeon soon.

Thanks for following along and feel free to leave a comment, unless it personally attacks someone for their opinion, or is Spam.

Be Safe and Enjoy!

It’s about time.

Krackers

Words of Inspiration

We can only learn to love by loving.

Dame Iris Murdoch, Novelist and Philosopher

No comments:

Post a Comment