It's about time.

Many of you can relate to Working long hours at your career. Raising your families. Buying a home and paying all the bills related to being homeowners and parents. We're now retired and don't need all that work and expense. Now "It's about time" and what we do to follow our dreams.

Thank You for Following our Blog.

Thank You for following this Blog

Tuesday, March 7, 2023

Said It, Like It Was.

 Our Location today is Windsor, Ontario.

Click on the pictures to enlarge.

It wasn’t my intention but when I told Mile the Bearing Area had Cracked last night his smile disappeared from his face. When I told him it was an easy fix he just shook his head in agreement.

After remounting the Feedscrew in the PTA, the first thing I did was to grind out all the visible Cracks until the Base Material appeared. Then I was able to start the heating process, not only to make the Hard-Surfacing Powder bond better but to open any other Cracks that may have been missed. The heat should also prevent the welds from Cracking. Last night the Screw had cooled more then expected, which caused the problem. This morning, I was on the Ladder adding the Hard-Surfacing Powder to the Bin when Mile came to have a look. It was a little difficult looking through the Flames.

It took a bit of time but all the Cracks were repaired before adding the final Pass to bring everything level. I wasn’t taking any chances, making certain to reheat the Unit between each Bead that was laid. Even though our area has experienced above Seasonal Temperatures lately it is still Winter.

I was Three Quarters way to completing this Bearing, when there was a delivery being made. Most of the Shipping and Receiving for this Plant is done at the Front Door. That Door is in a direct line with the Plasma Transfer Arc. Instead of off loading the Semi then bringing things inside, they opened the Door for close to Fifteen Minutes. Even thought I was running Two Burners there was too much Cold Air for the Feedscrew and I heard a high pitched Clink like I did last night.

The Cracks I had just repaired held solid, but material right next to them had failed. I went to see what was going on at the Door and found Mile on the Forklift wanting Vic to move things manually for him.

Minutes after the Door was closed Mile came to see how I was doing. I showed him the Cracks I had repaired but he spotted the Fresh Cracks. I said they were New because the Cold Air from the Door he had open for Fifteen Minutes and the Burners could not keep it warm. Then I told him I would just have to fix it again. He walked away with his head down.

I finished making the Bearing all even before heating it which caused the Cracks to open so I could see them better. There were more than last night. Everyone from the Day Shift, including Mile were gone so when my watch showed it was after 5:00, I moved the Screw to the Sandbox. At Five Thousand Pounds, it’s a slow process but it will be nice and toasty for me to finish tomorrow. It was 5:50 when I punched out.

Kathy made the Sweet and Sour Pork with Vegetable Rice again for supper, along with the Homemade Banana Cream Pie, she had baked today, for dessert.

Looks like we’ll be seeing more Winter Weather heading our way.

Thanks for following along and feel free to leave a comment, unless it personally attacks someone for their opinion, or is Spam.

Be Safe and Enjoy!

It’s about time.

Krackers

You know you’re getting old when you know what the word "equity" means.

2 comments:

  1. Kathy that banana 🍌 cream pie sure looks good.
    So would a coconut 🥥 cream pie.
    So good.
    We're finally getting some nice weather.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am hoping the colder weather stays someplace else. I am so ready for true Spring weather. I did mow a bit two days ago. Yup Banana Cream or coconut cream. Two of our favorites.

    ReplyDelete