It's about time.

Many of you can relate to Working long hours at your career. Raising your families. Buying a home and paying all the bills related to being homeowners and parents. We're now retired and don't need all that work and expense. Now "It's about time" and what we do to follow our dreams.

Thank You for Following our Blog.

Thank You for following this Blog

Friday, March 3, 2023

Trying Something Different and Looking Good.

 Our Location today is Windsor, Ontario.

Click on the pictures to enlarge.

It was strange that Mile did not know what he wanted me to work on this morning. I simply started by pulling the Feedscrew that I welded yesterday out of the Sandbox and bringing it closer to the OD Grinder. I even helped Vic the Inspector crate a couple of Units that were ready to be shipped.

Around 8:30 the Five Inch Feedscrew that Mile wanted me to work on the other day, became available. This is the same one that within minutes of being welded the first time, the Bearing began Cracking even before I could get it into the Sandbox.

Just starting around 2:00.

My lunchtime conversation with Kathy while I monitored the PTA, as the second attempt was made to make this a final repair to this Unit. She mentioned that the Forecasted Rain had began, but at that point everything was still green.

Instead of running a Full Pass on the Bearing, this time we chose to run only Four Crossovers before applying more Heat. I’ve mentioned many times how important it is to keep these Units warm in an effort to avoid Cracking. By the time it was buried in the Sandbox for the Weekend there were no visible Cracks or Pinholes.

Our Map of Quartzsite that Kathy had Framed.

Knowing that it will be Long Days to do the Ten Inch Bearings, Mile asked that I start early next week, so that I’ll be able to leave at decent times.

It was 4:12 when I punched out and the only other person there was Mile. He locked up behind us, but our work was just starting. Our vehicles were very White with heavy slushy stuff.

Since it was Friday I stopped at Arby’s to pick up supper, leaving the Truck run while I was inside. Having used the Remote Start for that purpose meant it would not be Stolen, because I had the Keys. It kept the truck warm enough that the Sxxw did not freeze, and it told me I was inside for less than Ten Minutes, which is how long before the Truck would have shut down.

Kathy was happy that I had made it home safely. Our Fish Sandwiches and Fries were the equivalent of going out for Fish and Chips but cheaper.

The forecast for this weekend is Sunny with temperatures Above Freezing.

Thanks for following along and feel free to leave a comment, unless it personally attacks someone for their opinion, or is Spam.

Be Safe and Enjoy!

It’s about time.

Krackers

What’s the difference between a psychologist and a magician?

A psychologist pulls habits out of rats.

3 comments:

  1. We'll that white stuff you can keep. We're supposed to be in the seventies this coming week.
    It's been a cool winter.
    Stay warm and safe.

    ReplyDelete
  2. No snow down here. But LOTS of rain and wind. I don't know which I would prefer.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad you've got some days off for the weekend, and better weather next week! It does sound like there are some chores lined up for you when you go back. But I guess that's what work is. Hang in there.

    ReplyDelete