It's about time.

Many of you can relate to Working long hours at your career. Raising your families. Buying a home and paying all the bills related to being homeowners and parents. We're now retired and don't need all that work and expense. Now "It's about time" and what we do to follow our dreams.

Thank You for Following our Blog.

Thank You for following this Blog

Thursday, March 16, 2023

Flipping The Coin and Taking Care Of Ourselves.

 Our Location today is Windsor, Ontario.

Click on the pictures to enlarge.

Strange how I turned over just on time to see my Back-Up Clock change to the time my Alarm normally goes off. Without hesitation I was out of bed in a flash thinking my Alarm had given up the ghost. A mental note was made to check it out when I would get home. The rest of my routine was normal but this morning all the Traffic Lights were in my favour, which doesn’t happen often.

Checking in with Mile I reminded him of my early departure, and since I was so early, that I would be immediately firing up the Burners. By getting Two Burners going it would be less moving around later, which should save me time.

On Tuesday when I did the first of these Identical Feedscrews the Torch on the PTA kept drifting one way for One Zone and the opposite way for the next. Wednesday the Machine worked the way it was designed to do. Today the Torch would drift one way for a while then suddenly veer back the other way in the Same Zone. Just when I thought I could relax a bit when I was finishing the Mixer, the Computer changed the Zone in the middle of the Flight causing an extra Inch long line. If they don’t get this thing serviced while telling me to do a better job, I might just decide to look for a better job.

It was 12:32 when I punched out after 6-3/4 Hours for the day. Of course, I had to wait for a Semi to pull out before I could leave. I called Kathy, giving her a heads up, so she could make her way down to the Car in the parking lot. Exactly Twenty Minutes later I was parked and joining her.

Last month when we saw our Family Doctor, he had sent Kathy for Tests to better diagnose her issues and he prescribed a Hernia Belt for me. Today was a follow up where he reviewed the findings. He said Kathy is doing the best things she can to stay healthy. He is trying to have a New Surgeon to the area take a look at fixing me up. If that happens, I’ll be off work between Six to Ten Weeks. We’ll be checking back with him in Two Months.

Since we hadn’t eaten lunch as a way of keeping our Blood Pressures down we went to the first Fast Food we saw. Today that was A&W where we tried their Chicken Wraps. They were filling but lacked the taste of their competitors.

Clouding up for Rain.

We stopped at Pharma Choice to fill a prescription for me. By choice we are still wearing Masks when in public areas, because they protect us against things as simple as Colds and the Flue. I also wear one at work because of the Metallic Dust in the air. The one time I lowered it because my Safety Glasses were steaming up and I suffered with a Sinus Infection for Two Weeks. That along with my Safety Glasses rubbing the top of my ear caused an Open Lesion that needed a topical treatment.

Back at our building I gathered my things from the Truck before heading up to the Apartment. I’d barely sat at the Computer before having to pace the floor, otherwise my eyes were trying to close long before bedtime.

I found out my Back-Up Clock, runs a Minute faster than my Alarm. That means it hadn’t gone off yet when I woke up.

It will be interesting to see what tomorrow brings our way.

Thanks for following along and feel free to leave a comment, unless it personally attacks someone for their opinion, or is Spam.

Be Safe and Enjoy!

It’s about time.

Krackers

Words of Inspiration

Better to reign in Hell than serve in Heaven.

John Milton, English Intellectual

No comments:

Post a Comment