It's about time.

Many of you can relate to Working long hours at your career. Raising your families. Buying a home and paying all the bills related to being homeowners and parents. We're now retired and don't need all that work and expense. Now "It's about time" and what we do to follow our dreams.

Thank You for Following our Blog.

Thank You for following this Blog

Friday, March 24, 2023

Change Of Plan and A Fix.

 Our Location today is Windsor, Ontario.

Click on the pictures to enlarge.

Just because the unfinished Feedscrew was safely tucked away in the Sandbox, Mile wanted me to work on another Unit instead. Telling him that all that stored heat would be lost over the weekend, didn’t seemed to matter. He’d been eyeing the last few jobs that had turned out better, and thought we needed to do the hard to machine Number 83 hard surfacing material, while the getting was good.

Always wanting to keep him happy I did as I was told. I entered enough Numbers in to the Computer to do Tests in the different Zones. The Transition Zone caused a problem but Mile insisted I use the Lead-In Values from the Blueprint. He also noticed a channel on the Mixer was not cut in the usual way, and insisted it be ground, before I could start. He has been in this business for over Forty Years and knows what is needed.

It was after 8:00 when I started the Burners and for the next hour I finished my preparations, adding Powder, cleaning the Torch and completing the Spreadsheet of information. At 9:10 the “Begin to Weld” button was pushed and the nail biting began. When I watch the Torch applying the Hard Surfacing Materials, I set the shield so it is in a straight line with the Channel. (That would be like looking straight down a street, at a car coming directly in your direction.) Both Mile and Jovo for nearly an Hour, kept insisting the weld was not centered. It would take my taking Mile’s arm, putting him in front of where I was standing and explaining why what I saw was more accurate. Then Jovo finally looked at what I was saying. They left me alone just before break. My break and lunch were spent tending to the PTA.

Remember the Transition Zone mentioned above. When the actual weld was being applied it was a Disaster, that I had to hand grind it, before welding it over again. Mile didn’t like that I used different Lead-In Numbers on that Zone but when it came out far better that the previous try, he just walked away.

I’d mentioned to Kathy at lunch that it would be close, but I would probably be slightly late.

The Torch was Six Inches away from laying the last of the Mixer Flight down when it Stopped. There on the Control Pedestal flashed the message that, the Argon Tank that I have been using since the beginning of the Month was Empty. After hooking up an Argon Cylinder and restarting the system it took Two Minutes to complete the job. Once the Feedscrew was safely tucked away in the Sandbox for the weekend, I punched out at 4:00.

After depositing my Pay-Cheque at Motor City Community Credit Union, I picked up supper at Arby’s. It was 5:00 when I walked into the Apartment, happy to start the weekend. I simply spent the evening pouring over Blogs on the Computer. Chances are the next Two Days will be busy.

Thanks for following along and feel free to leave a comment, unless it personally attacks someone for their opinion, or is Spam.

Be Safe and Enjoy!

It’s about time.

Krackers

Words of Inspiration

Summer bachelors, like summer breezes, are never as cool as they pretend to be.

Nora Ephron, Journalist

No comments:

Post a Comment