It's about time.

Many of you can relate to Working long hours at your career. Raising your families. Buying a home and paying all the bills related to being homeowners and parents. We're now retired and don't need all that work and expense. Now "It's about time" and what we do to follow our dreams.

Thank You for Following our Blog.

Thank You for following this Blog

Wednesday, March 15, 2023

Coin Toss and PTA Not Alone.

 Our Location today is Windsor, Ontario.

Click on the pictures to enlarge.

Back at the Plant early again this morning I had the Burner lit before the start of my shift. One of the reasons for doing so, was in hopes that once everyone saw the Arc Flash from the PTA bouncing off the walls, they would allow me to go on without interruption. Amazingly it worked.

What did surprise me was that PTA ran almost flawlessly. The Feedscrew being welded today was identical to the one that gave me so many headaches yesterday but there were only Two Minor Repairs needed to be done. Yesterday the Screw took the full Nine and a Half Hours allotted to do the job. Today it only took Six Hours.

Vinnie the Engineer, was too busy to be my shadow today, but he told me to just make a list of all the problems the Machine has been causing. As he said we were playing a Coin Toss every day of how it was going to work.

It was Ten Minutes into my lunch when I finished burying the Unit in the Sandbox. When I called Kathy, she was just getting ready to run some errands, but was happy I called. We both miss one another’s company during the week.

The Computer on the PTA was not the only thing causing problems. Word must have gotten out that if you want Service, the only way is to act up. The Computer on the CNC Mill started causing issues, such as Chattering a Keyway. I spent the next Two Hours rebuilding the edges of the Shank so it can be finished tomorrow.

I took some ribbing from the crew when I punched out at the same time they did.

Clearer sky than yesterday.

Kathy couldn’t believe I was already on my way home at that early hour. Not sure what we would have for supper I picked it up at Burger King on the way.

Supposed to be warmer tomorrow.

These Long Hours are wearing me down. When I sat down to watch the 6 o’clock Local News, I woke on time to see them signing off.

Even though it will be another early day tomorrow, it will be a short on. We’ll see how things workout.

Thanks for following along and feel free to leave a comment, unless it personally attacks someone for their opinion, or is Spam.

Be Safe and Enjoy!

It’s about time.

Krackers

If you dress up as a banana and eat a banana, is that canabananalism?

No comments:

Post a Comment