It's about time.

Many of you can relate to Working long hours at your career. Raising your families. Buying a home and paying all the bills related to being homeowners and parents. We're now retired and don't need all that work and expense. Now "It's about time" and what we do to follow our dreams.

Thank You for Following our Blog.

Thank You for following this Blog

Tuesday, June 1, 2021

Threatened For Punching In Early, Birthday Wish and Comment Response.

 Our Location today is at Windsor, Ontario.

Click on the pictures to enlarge.

It felt good to use the Truck to go to work that way if Kathy needed the Car she had it. I was running slightly behind my normal time but was still there before 6:30. After clocking in I got ready to start the week fresh. I even spent some of my time checking a job we are supposed to do on Saturday.

As soon as the Clock hit 7:00 I started repairing a few Carriers before straightening more of the Compound. I was finding Air Powered Tools here, there and everywhere. Since there are a number of Tool Cabinets I thought there might be some space in a few that the tools could be placed in. There wasn’t an Inch of space in the first Two but imagine my surprise when the Third Cabinet was completely empty. The Tools now have a new home.

Kharin the Supervisor showed up and assigned me a job that would take up the rest of the day. It required disassembling an old Conveyor Chain using Hand Tools and there wasn’t a drop of Penetrating Oil to be found.

I spoke with Kathy at lunch. She was busy cleaning old files.

I continued with my task repairing another Carrier for extra measure. It was nearly 4:30 when Kharin the Supervisor comes around and starts screaming that I should have left at 3:30. Production was still working and I was in my zone so I didn’t realize the time.

I start closing up and taking my Coveralls off when Kharin returns and starts screaming at me for Punching in early. (The days of punching in early are no longer allowed.) Then he tells me he’s going to take Disciplinary Action against me for that.

The worst I’ve ever gotten were a couple of Speeding Tickets in my younger years. I’ve never been Written Up at work or convicted of a Crime and now I’m a major rule breaker. By the time I got to the Apartment Kathy had to calm me down. Now I truly understand why this place can’t hold on to any Welders.

Kathy made Sweet and Sour Chicken Balls on Vegetable Rice for supper. She also made a dessert plate of Bing Cherries and a Mini Boston Cream Donut.

On the 6 o’clock Local News the Provincial Government is still trying to figure whether or not they’ll allow students to return to in person learning for remainder of the month even with Vaccines increasing and Cases dropping. The Windsor/Essex Region had 14 New Coronavirus Cases bringing the Active Cases to 202 as well as Another Coronavirus Death bring the area Death Total to 427.

The smaller numbers are what we'll feel like.

Today’s high temperature reached 77 F (25 C) but will increase throughout the week until we start to cook on the weekend.

As soon as the News was over I called my aunt Anna to wish her a Happy Birthday. She is so looking forward to the Lock-Down to be over so not only can we go see her again but it will be less Red Tape involved even for her daughters.

In response to a Comment about a Solar Trickle Charger. My mechanic Jim said they work fine but not when One of the Batteries was already dead. Our Batteries were already dead on the Truck before I purchased our Solar Chargers for each of the vehicles. The one for the Car had no problems.

Lets see if I still have a job tomorrow or if I’m contacting the Canadian Labour Board.

Thanks for following along and feel free to leave a comment unless it personally attacks someone for their opinion or is Spam.

Be Safe and Enjoy!

It’s about time.

Krackers

Words of Inspiration

Never let your sense of morals get in the way of doing what's right.

Isaac Asimov, Writer/Scientist

10 comments:

  1. Employers like that do not deserve good, honest and loyal employees. You were looking for a job when you found that one, keep looking.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The signs were there long ago Rick. I would have been gone after the first few days. Of course after talking with the owner.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Having worked in HR and IT I can tell you when you punch in the computer doesn't know that you are just checking out your work space or preparing for your day. By punching in the computer thinks you are working. It's just a computer. Your boss should not have jumped all over you. He needs some management training. Should have just been a conversation àbout punching in closer to start time.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Agreed with Flowergirl. But it would appear this supervisor is on a power trip. In all honesty I don't think he will change. You have to decide to either live with it or walk.

    ReplyDelete
  5. FG is right, they only want to pay you for 8 hrs (or whatever the agreement is) but that guy needs a firm scolding for coming aboard you like that - let me at 'im... :D

    ReplyDelete
  6. I agree with all above. Obviously this supervisor needs some HR training and perhaps at the right opportunity a word to the owner might help as he is perhaps unaware of this behaviour and doesn't know why they cannot keep welders employed.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Time to start looking for another place to work.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Could you not have a word with the owner. And if there is nothing good come of that, walk, do not look back.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I have to agree with Flowergirl. I get they don't want to pay over the hours you are supposed to get. Maybe he gets in trouble if there are overtime hours. I also agree with Doug. Good Luck.

    ReplyDelete
  10. It is becoming obvious why this firm cannot keep employees. This supervisor is a one man hostile workplace. Guy has some serious issues, and I doubt he will change. Sorry it has worked out this way for you.

    ReplyDelete