It's about time.

Many of you can relate to Working long hours at your career. Raising your families. Buying a home and paying all the bills related to being homeowners and parents. We're now retired and don't need all that work and expense. Now "It's about time" and what we do to follow our dreams.

Thank You for Following our Blog.

Thank You for following this Blog

Wednesday, June 23, 2021

He Keeps Trying, Second Jab and Comments.

 Our Location today is at Windsor, Ontario.

Click on the pictures to enlarge.

When I walked into the Plant this morning there were Two Large Small Parts Carriers in front of the Compound gate that needed repair. I went about my usual preparation of putting on my Coveralls, opening the Windows, getting out my Tools and enjoying a few sips of my Coffee. As soon as it was time to punch in I started repairing those Carriers. Within Twenty Minutes I was returning them to the Line. Like yesterday they were not about to be used early in the shift. There were Two Smaller Carriers by the side of the Washer that took more time to carry back to the Compound and back then it took to straighten them.

As soon as I could I started working on the New Proto-Type Carriers even though I didn’t have enough Parts due to the Iron Worker needing service. I was making progress when minutes after 8:00 Kharin the Supervisor came into the Compound screaming about fixing the Two Large Carriers. When I asked “When did they go down” he said at the end of the shift yesterday. He didn’t like it when I told them they were done and back at the Line along with the Smaller Carriers. He had that lost look on his face again.

I had everything welded together that could be without the other parts so now I had to change my hat around. Without an Operator’s Manual I ended up pulling off both end covers on the Iron Worker. Using my Flashlight I could barely see any Hydraulic Oil in the Tank. Luckily there was a fresh Gallon for me to use.

I’d barely finished reassembling the Machine when a Line Worker came in saying Kharin wanted me on the floor immediately. When I arrived he brought me over to a Carriers I’d never worked on before back along a wall. He pointed to One that was badly bent on the lower level. His remark was “That shouldn’t be like that, fix it.” As I carried it back to the Compound the Worker put his hands up questioning why he was worried about that Carrier. I figure Kharin is finding more for me to do so that I won’t get my daily quota of Carriers done so he’ll have something to gripe about.

It was a little tricky needing heat and reinforcement but I had it back to the Line faster then he expected. I told him I needed more parts for today’s count.

When I talked to Kathy at my 1:00 lunch she could sense the frustration building again but told me to hang in there.

I managed to get the Iron Worker functioning by adjusting one of the Limit Switches. It was just about 3:00 when I delivered them to the Line only to find another Large Carrier twisted. I don’t know how (probably instinct) but I had it straight in Ten Minutes. When Kharin saw me returning it to the Line he just shook his head in disbelief.

It felt good just walking into the Apartment but that shower made me feel like a new person. By 4:30 I was on the phone being interviewed for a job that I did Forty Years ago. If I had been single back then I would have never left.

We were out the door before 5:00 heading to the W.F.C.U. Center. Our appointments were for 5:30 but getting there early helped us get through faster. We were both there for our Second Pfiser Vaccines. After the announcements over Media and their On-Line Computer Glitch we felt a relief to be there. The person giving the Vaccines asked questions that nobody had asked when we had our first Vaccines and thought it necessary that we stay longer in case of any reactions. By the time we finally left it was after 6:00 and Kathy was already feeling the discomfort at the Injection Site.

Kathy before her Second Vaccine.

We drove over to the Wendy’s Drive-Thru to order supper. We each had a Chicken Wrap, Small Chocolate Frosty and Seniors Soft Drinks for only $7.41 total. We find that more then satisfying and tasty.

We missed the 6 o’clock Local News so we don’t know what the Coronavirus Cases in the Windsor/Essex Region are for today and we won’t be watching the 11 o’clock News.

The temperature reached a high of 75 F (24 C) this afternoon.

We had a chuckle at today’s Comments about all the excitement at work. I learned a long time ago that it’s better to not say anything if you know that Common Sense will not prevail. I also have to restrain my hands sometimes so they don’t do what I might think of doing. Finding a Job that will get rid of that tension will be a blessing.

Thanks for following along and feel free to leave a comment unless it personally attacks someone for their opinion or is Spam.

Be Safe and Enjoy!

It’s about time.

Krackers

You Might Be a Redneck If

Your Junior/Senior Prom had a Daycare.

4 comments:

  1. Its been my experience that your current work environment is par for the course these days but I sure hope you find something you can enjoy going to everyday.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good plan to bite your tongue (as Bill had to do at his employment in London) often and keep your hands to yourself. :)
    Kharin sure sounds like a piece of work although his works seems to be making it for you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good Grief- Having to be prepared day x day to interact, adapt and hold at bay willfully ignorant, demotivated & angry clowns is not only challenging, it will eventually impact your health and your relationships with others. Suggest you rip the band-aid off, get the h*** out of there, regroup and prepare for the next opportunity.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Whew. I've read a couple of days posts and I am exhausted. You are one sturdy guy. Putting up with that mickey-mouse stuff, besides actually doing the work. Glad you've both had your second shots and hope any side-effects will be mild.

    ReplyDelete