It's about time.

Many of you can relate to Working long hours at your career. Raising your families. Buying a home and paying all the bills related to being homeowners and parents. We're now retired and don't need all that work and expense. Now "It's about time" and what we do to follow our dreams.

Thank You for Following our Blog.

Thank You for following this Blog

Monday, June 28, 2021

Extra Duties and Decision Made.

 Our Location today is at Windsor, Ontario.

Click on the pictures to enlarge.

On Friday when I left work I brought my Welding Equipment with me for my Saturday Job Interview/Welding Test. It seems that some of the people that actually read my Resume instantly know my abilities so my Welding Equipment just has a day or two off site.

Being one of the first to arrive at work everyday it was easy to bring it back in without anyone noticing. I noticed a couple of Carriers waiting by the Compound so knew what my first task of the day was going to be.
Last Friday Kharin the Supervisor had mentioned that I would need to make a Rack to hang the New Proto-Type Carriers on between uses so I immediately headed to the rear Bay to start hauling a piece of Two Inch Square Tubing (what is normally used for Travel Trailer Hitches) back to the Compound.

I had just finished torch cutting all the pieces that I needed and was about to start the assembly when Kharin arrived. He was in a pleasant mood. (What’s happening around here?) He didn’t even ask what I was doing but had me to put it on hold. He brought me upstairs on the Mezzanine to show me a New Compressor Unit still in the Shipping Crate. He needed me to remove the Crate so that they could start installing the Compressor.

If you’ve ever done any kind of Home Renovations you know how to take off a Shipping Crate very easily. The only problem was that the temperature on the Mezzanine was about Twenty Degrees warmer then on the Main Floor.

When I spoke to Kathy at my 1:00 lunch sitting outside at the Picnic Table was a big improvement temperature wise. She managed to go for a short drive to Shoppers Drug Mart not far from the Apartment for some supplies. It was apparently packed with no restrictions at the door. It felt good for her to just get out and do some walking.

I managed to weld the Base of the Rack before the end of my shift and hope to complete the task in tomorrow morning.

Even though I had turned on the Air Conditioner set at 79 F (26 C) before going to work this morning Kathy had just shut it off before I arrived home. Something to do with her Sweater not keeping her warm enough.

After serious discussion I called Adam to decline his Job Offer. At present I need a job that guarantees at least Forty Hours a week. As he agreed his work is Weather Controlled and there are no guarantees of the Hours but he said if I get laid off to call him.

For supper we shared a Half Rack of Ribs with at Garden Salad and a Date Square for dessert.

On the 6 o’clock Local News we learned there were 8 New Coronavirus Cases in the Windsor/Essex Region leaving the area with 56 Active Cases to monitor.

On Saturday even though where we were we never had any Rain the Lodge Freeway in Detroit was Flooded with many vehicles still under water. The high temperature today felt like 108 F (42 C) and should feel the same tomorrow especially with the All Day Rain we are forecasted to receive.

Looking outside we saw a quick passing Storm.

Kathy suspects that Paul and Kharin try to see if New Employees hold up under pressure and that’s why they were treating me so badly. Now I may accomplish organizing the Compound yet but we’ll still keep an eye open for that better job.

Thanks for following along and feel free to leave a comment unless it personally attacks someone for their opinion or is Spam.

Be Safe and Enjoy!

It’s about time.

Krackers

What do you call an Alligator in a vest?


An investigator.

4 comments:

  1. I always kept an ear open for better offers during my working life. A few times it proved very worthwhile. Sounds to me you are making good choices.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Seems they are more likely to keep good employees if they treat them better. I'd be suspicious too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gotta agree with Nancy! Dinner looks yummy!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Interesting. Ive never heard of a successful company with a stable history of employee loyalty "hazing" their new hires.

    ReplyDelete